Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Membership

Default Re: Team Maker Membership

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Now pl these are all the same things you have said for years
    And the true answer to tell those other teams is win five straight football championships.
    Because you regurgitate the same thing over and over it doesn’t make it anything other then your opinion.
    I found it weird that people are not recruited or contacted
    I ha e now been a member for five or six years and really have yet to have any kind of invite to anything.... that said that doesn’t bother me as it’s not why I donate.. but there is without a doubt a age gap .... and as a 40 something it’s even with me so could it be better YES is it broken no... but if you ain’t getting better your getting worse
    I chuckle at those who say Team Makers is doing great and point to the size of the big check they give to NDSU as the proof. The lion's share of TM money comes from seat licenses, and that has absolutely zero to do how well or how poorly TM is run.

As for what TM should be and how it should change, I think we need to look to its past. Most know that it was started as a lettermen's group of sorts. Former athletes wanted to improve athletics, so they formed a club to raise money and other services. Note the use of the term "club". That feeling of exclusivity still continues somewhat to this day. Just look at how Charlie and Pat react to suggestions. In the world of a club, members of said club want others to come to them. Clubs don't go looking for new members, new members come looking for the club. There's a sense of almost arrogance in their position. "If you don't like it, we don't want you/you can leave," sort of thing.

Now that's fine if you want a little club filled with people that think the same way you do. But that's not what NDSU needs. NDSU needs the most money it can bring in. That means more of a salesman-type mentality. Go out and find new members however you can. Get them to donate however you can. If something doesn't work, try something else. Come up with incentive programs. Use every communication platform you can. Pride? Who needs f-ing pride? You ain't got time for arrogance.

Most(all?) of the P5 booster clubs completely made the transition from club to professional fundraising organization a long, long time ago. NDSU partially made the transition back during the DI move, but TM is still stuck with one foot in each era. We really need to finish that conversion.

The "success" of TM in the modern era(post-2004ish) can be traced to one decision. To make seat license fees tax-deductible, NDSU needed to run them through a 501 non-profit. NDSU could have done that through the Development Foundation, could have started a new 501 just for the purpose, or used TM. They chose TM because it was easy and it was already there. Makes you wonder what would have happened if they went another way. And it makes you wonder what will happen if the current tax bill passes and there's no more use for laundering seat fee money through a 501. Maybe there's a solution that can make everybody happy. Old-timer TM members can be happy going back to their exclusivity, and just their lunches, 50/50 raffles and charitable gaming. And NDSU can bring all the big money back in-house and finish modernizing the system with new hires. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I chuckle at those who say Team Makers is doing great and point to the size of the big check they give to NDSU as the proof. The lion's share of TM money comes from seat licenses, and that has absolutely zero to do how well or how poorly TM is run.

As for what TM should be and how it should change, I think we need to look to its past. Most know that it was started as a lettermen's group of sorts. Former athletes wanted to improve athletics, so they formed a club to raise money and other services. Note the use of the term "club". That feeling of exclusivity still continues somewhat to this day. Just look at how Charlie and Pat react to suggestions. In the world of a club, members of said club want others to come to them. Clubs don't go looking for new members, new members come looking for the club. There's a sense of almost arrogance in their position. "If you don't like it, we don't want you/you can leave," sort of thing.

Now that's fine if you want a little club filled with people that think the same way you do. But that's not what NDSU needs. NDSU needs the most money it can bring in. That means more of a salesman-type mentality. Go out and find new members however you can. Get them to donate however you can. If something doesn't work, try something else. Come up with incentive programs. Use every communication platform you can. Pride? Who needs f-ing pride? You ain't got time for arrogance.

Most(all?) of the P5 booster clubs completely made the transition from club to professional fundraising organization a long, long time ago. NDSU partially made the transition back during the DI move, but TM is still stuck with one foot in each era. We really need to finish that conversion.

The "success" of TM in the modern era(post-2004ish) can be traced to one decision. To make seat license fees tax-deductible, NDSU needed to run them through a 501 non-profit. NDSU could have done that through the Development Foundation, could have started a new 501 just for the purpose, or used TM. They chose TM because it was easy and it was already there. Makes you wonder what would have happened if they went another way. And it makes you wonder what will happen if the current tax bill passes and there's no more use for laundering seat fee money through a 501. Maybe there's a solution that can make everybody happy. Old-timer TM members can be happy going back to their exclusivity, and just their lunches, 50/50 raffles and charitable gaming. And NDSU can bring all the big money back in-house and finish modernizing the system with new hires. Win win.
    You might want to research how TM got started. Most know??? Then most are wrong. At least get your history correct . Then your attack on the so called club might have some validity. Youre usually better than this.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-22-2017 at 06:22 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

the ONLY remaining D2 remnant at NDSU..

TEAMMAKERS EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

I'm sorry, but it's time to go. NDSU is at its height of success , there should be 5 times more money coming in.. hell 10 times.

there's millions in tailgate rigs, but most of them dont donate much.. hell NDSU brings 5+MILLION in cash to Frisco.. teammakers should be at every event . pep rally tailgating gametime asking for money.. heck get 4 hot coeds with a wheelbarrow and walk around getting donations
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My vote is for "Anarchy 99".

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan02 View Post
    My vote is for "Anarchy 99".
    I suggest Jasta 11.

College of Business Alumnus

Considering there seems to me much angst on what TM can co better lets turn this in a positive direction.

First one must remember that 99.9 % of the 4000 plus TM members are Volunteers. Within that number there are many diversified skill sets and bodies to do the grunt work.

In the spirit of being a Volunteer organization I will volunteer to be the point man here at BV to gather volunteers to help TM.

Who is willing to volunteer for----

The Membership Drive
    The Fund Raising Drive
    TM Information Booths to be set up at NDSU Sporting Events and other NDSU activities
    Fans engagement with a focus on student recruitment

Who with IT technical skills is willing to volunteer to help with their computer systems and Website development

Who with any type of transferable skill is willing to help in the appropriate capacity?

Shoot me a PM with your contact and skill set information so I can forward that to TM so you can be put on the appropriate team.

Remember---TM being a volunteer organization means"" its only as good as it members will allow it to be"". I look forward to hearing from you.

Pat Long

Admin---may be you could sticky this?
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 12-22-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    n
    Believe me every team in the MVFC knows about NDSU Team Makers. AD's, coaches, and fans that follow their team closely. It's a success story that they are all jealous of.
    I don't remember what year it started but a group of business men got together and started a fund raising club for NDSU athletics. It has a rich and storied history. Could it be improved - hell every club can be better with new ideas and involvement from members. And no the name will not be changed because you don't like it.
    1. Never said it wasn't successful- it obviously is.
    2. I know the name wont be changed. you can tell I think this already because I already said it. Never asked for it to be, never thought it would, never believed that I am so important that NDSU admins that they follow my profile on BV to take my suggestions. Just simply stating that "team makers" is objectively, not a good name - and almost anything would likely be better. This shouldn't ruffle feathers its just the truth.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    1. Never said it wasn't successful- it obviously is.
    2. I know the name wont be changed. you can tell I think this already because I already said it. Never asked for it to be, never thought it would, never believed that I am so important that NDSU admins that they follow my profile on BV to take my suggestions. Just simply stating that "team makers" is objectively, not a good name - and almost anything would likely be better. This shouldn't ruffle feathers its just the truth.
    Actually its just your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You might want to research how TM got started. Most know??? Then most are wrong. At least get your history correct . Then your attack on the so called club might have some validity. Youre usually better than this.
    So what is it? I honestly don't know what it is but you obviously do and instead of just correcting Hammer, you just insulted his intelligence. If you provided some context or reasoning as to why HE is wrong, then your critique of him would have some validity as well. You're usually better than.... well actually you're not usually better than this.

but for real, what is the history? Not being a dick- I'm just asking
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Actually its just your opinion.
    well, if it's really just an opinion, then you must have some measurable or tangible reasoning why "team makers" is objectively, not subjectively, a GOOD name- specifically for the NDSU athletic department.

should be simple!
    3. It's time to go FBS