Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Maker Membership

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Team Maker Membership

The old Teammakers debate. Always brings out the best in everyone. I guess some have forgotten that it's Christmas which is a time to catalog one's blessings and be servant to each other. I'm pretty sure that is the culture that athletics is trying to bring to the student athletes, so maybe some of you could start by leading by example?

The crazy part is that everyone that posted last night is right.

Teammakers is doing well. Sustainable growth. Meeting the needs of the athletic department. Driven by volunteers.

But Teammakers could also use an upgrade. New website to bring millennials in. Maybe some new programs that make new grads want to join. Something other than just moving the old-guys lunch from the Holiday Inn to Wild Wings.

As the department grows so will the need for more money and truthfully, I'm tapped. I don't know where I would come up with more to give. We need new members. Lots of them. And new rewards so new members will join and contribute cash, because I don't see there being anymore season tickets available for a long, long time and my seat fees are already at FBS levels and much, much higher than our FCS counterparts.

We need to make membership more than just about getting season tickets or we will always be capped on revenues.

The world is run by those that show up. No doubt about it. So if you have issues with what is going on. Show up. Call or send an email to leadership. Get involved.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I was in the band so I went to every home game for 4 years. Just saying "they're in the dome they should know teammakers from the 50-50 raffle!" is total bullshit. Teammakers 50-50 just seems like another advertisement like the verizon herd cam or whatever. Many young people tune out advertisements as much as possible because they're so inundated with it.
    Well, that creates a bit of a conundrum now doesn’t it.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    The old Teammakers debate. Always brings out the best in everyone. I guess some have forgotten that it's Christmas which is a time to catalog one's blessings and be servant to each other. I'm pretty sure that is the culture that athletics is trying to bring to the student athletes, so maybe some of you could start by leading by example?

The crazy part is that everyone that posted last night is right.

Teammakers is doing well. Sustainable growth. Meeting the needs of the athletic department. Driven by volunteers.

But Teammakers could also use an upgrade. New website to bring millennials in. Maybe some new programs that make new grads want to join. Something other than just moving the old-guys lunch from the Holiday Inn to Wild Wings.

As the department grows so will the need for more money and truthfully, I'm tapped. I don't know where I would come up with more to give. We need new members. Lots of them. And new rewards so new members will join and contribute cash, because I don't see there being anymore season tickets available for a long, long time and my seat fees are already at FBS levels and much, much higher than our FCS counterparts.

We need to make membership more than just about getting season tickets or we will always be capped on revenues.

The world is run by those that show up. No doubt about it. So if you have issues with what is going on. Show up. Call or send an email to leadership. Get involved.
    I wonder what the average age of a TM is. I would say it's north of 40.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post

But Teammakers could also use an upgrade. New website to bring millennials in..

THIS.

I was explaining to someone that to get season tickets you should join Team Makers and provided them with the website. A few hours later they came back to me asking to explain what the hell was going on. They do not do a good job at all of explaining what you need to do and how to do what.

The website is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I wonder what the average age of a TM is. I would say it's north of 40.
    I would say that’s a very conservative guess.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Nothing and I like it more fun to complain
    I knew I could count on you!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Oooh, tough guy! Like I said, I've been on campus for 25 years...the only place I heard about TM is at a game. What happens now that new people have virtually no chance of getting tickets?
    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Oooh, tough guy! Like I said, I've been on campus for 25 years...the only place I heard about TM is at a game. [B]What happens now that new people have virtually no chance of getting tickets?
    Ive been hearing this for what 3-4 years now. Whats your solution?????
    [QUOTE=GCWaters;1253788]

For starters, why aren't emails being sent to the faculty, staff, and student listservs? Flyers on the Union bulletin boards? Membership forms sent to each new grad?
    During my 5 years at NDSU, I cant recall seeing any tables in the union or around campus or anything. I don't know if that would help, but at least you'd see the name out there more then.

Regarding listservs, students delete those... but again... cant hurt and takes little to no effort to send out.

Maybe they should try to get a booth or something at graduation? I really don't know. Student awareness wasn't very high a few years ago though.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    I was in the band so I went to every home game for 4 years. Just saying "they're in the dome they should know teammakers from the 50-50 raffle!" is total bullshit. Teammakers 50-50 just seems like another advertisement like the verizon herd cam or whatever. Many young people tune out advertisements as much as possible because they're so inundated with it.

They actually tried to have a student arm of TM. Students trying to get students involved. How do you think that went? But the talking heads bitch that they arent trying to recruit students?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[/B]

They actually tried to have a student arm of TM. Students trying to get students involved. How do you think that went? But the talking heads bitch that they arent trying to recruit students?
    You keep bringing this up. That could have happens decades ago and you'd still bring it up. I have no idea what you're talking about, all I know is the future of teammakers is the students and they are not doing a great job of recruiting them.
    Hail Hydra.

The university, writ large, has several fundraising foundations and goals. There's the NDSU Foundation, the Alumni Association who seem to never lose me no matter how many times I move. In fact, for the past several years they have sent all of our mail jointly with me and my wife instead of separately. I didn't tell them anything, they're just really good at skip tracing I guess.

The Athletic Fund is a great addition to the fundraising arm but it is completely separate with it's own goals. Team Makers should set itself apart form that because it has it's own goals as well. While the AF seems more interested in capital improvement and yearly maintenance on the whole, TM is responsible for specific student athlete related expenses. Everybody needs to get their beak wet at some point but everybody but TM seems to be forward thinking and growth oriented.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯