Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gene taylor

Default gene taylor

well from my understanding their coach is from navy and runs the navy triple option..........wondering if gene taylor who if i remember correctly has ties to the military schools could get our coaches some tells on gsu triple option ............just saying
    TRUST THE PROCESS

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: gene taylor

He was the AD at Navy prior to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    He was the AD at Navy prior to NDSU.
    well hopefully he is getting the coaches the scoop on the navy triple option
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    well from my understanding their coach is from navy and runs the navy triple option..........wondering if gene taylor who if i remember correctly has ties to the military schools could get our coaches some tells on gsu triple option ............just saying
    Not exactly; Paul Johnson, the former GSU coach, who is revered for the TO, left GSU (was fired, I believe), took the TO to Navy, and then to Georgia Tech.....after doing fairly well at Navy, he hasn't done all that well at Tech; they've won some, but lost some big games in which the TO was very ineffective (i.e., IA State, UGA).....

I have confidence in our coaching staff to defend the option without getting help from our AD
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get Concordia's coach over here.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe Tyler Roehl was on staff at concordia for a year so he probably has some insight into the triple option if they ran it the year he was there.

There is no doubt in my mind the coaches know how to defeat the triple option. The problem will getting that knowledge to the defense and then executing it in the short time we have to prepare. Athletically I think we are in good shape.
    If God didn’t want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?

Hazelton's the man, anybody who doubts him is being ridiculous...how many offenses has he held well below their usual output this year?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Hazelton's the man, anybody who doubts him is being ridiculous...how many offenses has he held well below their usual output this year?
    I agree, teams come in bragging about how powerful player X is and how you can't stop their Y offense and how they average stat Z. Then game time come and X Y and Z are shut down. I have no doubts this team can do it again.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN