Thread: Perspective before Saturday's game:

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Perspective before Saturday's game:

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Sioux Suck.
    ...and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by BISON Thunder View Post
    Going back to when this letter was submitted, reminds me of another thing...Mr. Joe Chapman. In my opinion, we would not be enjoying this great run without the great foresight of Mr. Chapman. Not saying everything he did was perfect, but hats off to Joe...and thank you.
    Yep...and we allowed mostly UND politicians to take him down because he spent a lot of money...like he was told to do.

This letter/article was very typical of the UND attitude toward our move. It's a big part of the reason why I don't want the games to continue.

It's a motivator for me also...to want a national championship. But we've already done enough to make them turn green several times.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    This is the most ironic thing I have ever seen in my entire life
    What's even more ironic? The writer is the lead man for a "punk" band.... http://www.purevolume.com/fairenough

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    I wonder what this Mr. Sovak is doing nowadays, because he probably isn't holding a respectable spot in a journal of any kind. If I tried to submit an article to the Spectrum like this, laced with profanity and obviously unfounded smack, I'd be laughed out of the office before I could get a word in edgewise; and that's before considering it even getting printed.

I couldn't care less about the opinion (besides the fact that the irony is thick enough to be cut by a knife right now) but the method in which it's delivered and the fact that it made print tells me all I need to know about how seriously the UND student body takes a publication like this. As a student of journalism, I'm embarrassed.
    What he said.

How that even got close to being published is beyond me. After that was published, some higher up from the school should have gone to the editors and advisor (if they have one, which I doubt because this got published) and made some serious changes. Having an opinion is fine, presenting it like this is unacceptable.

Wonder what he thought about all the "great football" in GF this season against Drake, Montana Western and Black Hills State? Oh, he probably wasn't there, along with all of the other people that don't fill the Alerus on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    What's even more ironic? The writer is the lead man for a "punk" band.... http://www.purevolume.com/fairenough

Yep, that's him on the left with the UND standard salute. Put your hat on straight, son. You look like a douche.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Hows this for irony:

I noticed they have a song titled "You get (what you deserve)"

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    What he said.

How that even got close to being published is beyond me. After that was published, some higher up from the school should have gone to the editors and advisor (if they have one, which I doubt because this got published) and made some serious changes. Having an opinion is fine, presenting it like this is unacceptable.
    So, mango, have we turned you into a closet NDSU fan? I see you have not been able to shake us.......

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    the late 90s and early 00s called, they want their music back

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, mango, have we turned you into a closet NDSU fan? I see you have not been able to shake us.......
    Not quite, your board is more active and entertaining than the SDSU board.

I am cheering for the Bison throughout the playoffs though.