Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll leave it at this....

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default I'll leave it at this....

Mods feel free to move this wherever necessary but I have to give bison football fans a feel of the Montana football program. Now a lot of you say there is much to be desired with the Montana athletic program and football in particular, but let's look at this fact. The University of Montana was a BS member before Boise State AND was a very comparable football program to Boise State when Boise was a member of the BS. Now how and the hell can you tell me NDSU has a lot to be desired of Montana football when we have been in the game for 3 years and Montana has been for 40+. The fact is Montana is going NOWHERE, they will always be that team in FCS that is "so awesome and loud on TV". Yet the fact is BSU said fuck this shit were going big time and look what they did. Idaho still has U of I and ISU so don't give me BSU is the only team to support. The fact is U o M IS small time and what they did tonight SHOULD be expected yet their fan base is to ignorant to understand this. Sorry was at WAGrizz tonight and I'm not jelouse of what they have, I can only imagine NDSU 40 some years from now in 1AA. I hope to god were still not there, and I'll leave it at that.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: I'll leave it at this....

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Mods feel free to move this wherever necessary but I have to give bison football fans a feel of the Montana football program. Now a lot of you say there is much to be desired with the Montana athletic program and football in particular, but let's look at this fact. The University of Montana was a BS member before Boise State AND was a very comparable football program to Boise State when Boise was a member of the BS. Now how and the hell can you tell me NDSU has a lot to be desired of Montana football when we have been in the game for 3 years and Montana has been for 40+. The fact is Montana is going NOWHERE, they will always be that team in FCS that is "so awesome and loud on TV". Yet the fact is BSU said fuck this shit were going big time and look what they did. Idaho still has U of I and ISU so don't give me BSU is the only team to support. The fact is U o M IS small time and what they did tonight SHOULD be expected yet their fan base is to ignorant to understand this. Sorry was at WAGrizz tonight and I'm not jelouse of what they have, I can only imagine NDSU 40 some years from now in 1AA. I hope to god were still not there, and I'll leave it at that.
    I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!

Staying in the FCS for now is a good thing, but at some point it becomes pathetic. Montana may have reached patheticness... NDSU has a ways to go.

I would note, I compared the UM vs UNI game to an FBS vs FCS game..
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does it become "pathetic" to rule the roost? Montana is in a pretty favorable position i'd say and i think turning down their invitation to the WAC was very intelligent. Boise State is awesome and I cheer for them, but how many anomalies can there be?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyptubas View Post
    Does it become "pathetic" to rule the roost? Montana is in a pretty favorable position i'd say and i think turning down their invitation to the WAC was very intelligent. Boise State is awesome and I cheer for them, but how many anomalies can there be?
    Yes it does, when you could grow your fanbase easily and maintain success at a higher level it becomes pathetic.

NDSU's final years in DII were in the pathetic era. We have a ways to go at the FCS level.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Yes it does, when you could grow your fanbase easily and maintain success at a higher level it becomes pathetic.

NDSU's final years in DII were in the pathetic era. We have a ways to go at the FCS level.
    I take issue with the 2nd part of this. DII has become pathetic but other than 2000 NDSU wasn't exactly competing at a high level much of its last decade in DII (meaning only 1 deep playoff run in a LONG time, at least by NDSU standards). I don't feel NDSU was "ruling the roost" in DII, at least not during the 90's after 1990.

Before I get ripped keep in mind that I thought then and of course still think now that getting the hell out of DII was the best thing for the Bison, it just came about 10 years later than it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by RadBison View Post
    I take issue with the 2nd part of this. DII has become pathetic but other than 2000 NDSU wasn't exactly competing at a high level much of its last decade in DII (meaning only 1 deep playoff run in a LONG time, at least by NDSU standards). I don't feel NDSU was "ruling the roost" in DII, at least not during the 90's after 1990.

Before I get ripped keep in mind that I thought then and of course still think now that getting the hell out of DII was the best thing for the Bison, it just came about 10 years later than it should have.
    Ruling the roost has nothing to do with it. Your current records at your level don't mean alot either.

NDSU was long past due to move up and grow the fanbase grow attendance, grow the level of competition etc.

2020 or 2030 will probably be when NDSU should start moving on to the next level unless something drastic happens to the NCAA levels before then.

If NDSU is FCS in 2050 and nothing has drastically changed at that time, it will be pathetic again.

Unless NDSU becomes purley academic by that time, which I doubt.

University of Chicago is a good example of a low athletic standard that is not pathetic. They were a Big Ten charter member.

And by 10 years late you mean 30 years late.

Had NDSU moved up when IAA was formed, I seriously think we would be FBS at this time. We did not however, and because of that must spend an appropriate amount of time enjoying FCS football.

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I do indeed understand what you are saying TwentySix, but I guess I just have such distaste for the current structure of the FBS that I don't want to move up. If it would be good for our program and would grow our fan base I would no doubt be behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyptubas View Post
    I do indeed understand what you are saying TwentySix, but I guess I just have such distaste for the current structure of the FBS that I don't want to move up. If it would be good for our program and would grow our fan base I would no doubt be behind it.
    We are not ready, and we shouldn't be ready. Had different decisions been made decades ago we would be ready.

Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!