Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN allows The CW Twin Cities to air DIII game

Default Re: ESPN allows The CW Twin Cities to air DIII game

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    Please explain the part in bold, thanks in advance. Also, if this "cash cow" was really just that; it would be on GamePlan or maybe the ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU. It's not, it's only on ESPN3, whereas the DII and DIII games are at least on GamePlan; which to me says ESPN thinks they can make more $$$$ with the DIII content.
    I thinks its more of the fact they HAVE to show D2 AND 3.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I thinks its more of the fact they HAVE to show D2 AND 3.
    Well if that's the case, who agreed to the ESPN/NCAA agreement in regards to FCS playoff games? The ND AG?

My bet is that the several thousand dollars they'd make by making our game available on GamePlan pales in comparison to the money they'd make if, through customer anger/pressure/requests, they get CableOne to pick up ESPN3 in Fargo. They're hoping that people light up CableOne's phones and demand that ESPN3 be made available.

Of course what they fail to realize is that no matter how many calls CableOne in Fargo recieve, they'll say they only got two or three calls and they don't want to add fees to their internet service.

This situation sucks. I don't blame ESPN for being "all about profit". That is their job. It doesn't make this suck less, but it is their job to make money and not to donate content to users.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    From The CW Twin Cities Facebook page, they are airing the St. Thomas vs Whitewater game. I thought ESPN owned the rights to all of these games? If so, why are they allowing local Minneapolis stations to air the games and not Fargo or ND stations?
    was posted a couple days ago
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...552#post569552

as for why its being shown on local TV....its the semifinals. Thats why

I guess what I don't understand is ESPN not willing to also offer the NDSU-Lehigh game on any of their Gameplan station(s). Now if they are already booked by contractural agreeement to air other games on that network then I guess my only option would be to change my internet provider (I have Qwest/Century Link...whatever they're calling themselves today!).

I, like many others on this board have contacted ESPN asking them to put it on Gameplan and in effect, telling them that I am willing to pay the money they would charge for a one day subscription....but to no avail. Qwest on the other hand, reported this morning that they are working on a "contractual agreement" (their words, not mine) to air ESPN3, but it wouldn't be in place by tommorrow.

It's frustrating to be willing to pay the subscription fee to either outlet (ESPN or Qwest) but not be able to. It's a shame when the so-called "Leader in Sports Programming", doesn't allow the consumer the chance to view the game as they could have sold the rights to a local station and made out very well in the process. Dan Hammer reported earlier this week that HOAK network (channels 4 and 11) had approached ESPN to buy the rights but were politely told "no way".
    "Excuses are like armpits, everybody's got 'em and they all stink" Rocky Hager

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    I wonder how many more ESPN threads we will see?
    What's with the thread topic police? I'm sorry if this is off the topic, but holy crap, who cares? If you don't like ESPN Threads in the Football Forum, then don't read them. They have to do with the football program, though, so I don't understand your reasoning. I don't get you guys, lighten up.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
    was posted a couple days ago
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...552#post569552

as for why its being shown on local TV....its the semifinals. Thats why
    Damnit, I hate it when that happens..............Thanks Iceberg.....

[QUOTE=Hoofbeats;570923]I guess what I don't understand is ESPN not willing to also offer the NDSU-Lehigh game on any of their Gameplan station(s). QUOTE]

To quote myself...

Quote Originally Posted by pwbnd View Post
    My bet is that the several thousand dollars they'd make by making our game available on GamePlan pales in comparison to the money they'd make if, through customer anger/pressure/requests, they get CableOne to pick up ESPN3 in Fargo.
    By not bowing to pressure and putting the game on GamePlan, they put more pressure on CableOne to pay for ESPN3.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    What's with the thread topic police? I'm sorry if this is off the topic, but holy crap, who cares? If you don't like ESPN Threads in the Football Forum, then don't read them. They have to do with the football program, though, so I don't understand your reasoning. I don't get you guys, lighten up.
    You have 124 posts.......don't mess with the police.......