Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Officials and announcing crew

Default Re: Officials and announcing crew

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Yeah but they were a 1,000 times better than hammer so I didn't mind them at all. Also crossing my fingers for Bill Fette. He owes us one, BIG TIME.
    ..as long as they are not adding an [ 's ] to Bison, I will deal with whoever they put in the announcers chair... Please pass on to them the following:

BI·SON   noun, plural -son.

GO BISON !!!
    ~ Home of the Chiefs...Super Bowl LIV, LVII and LVIII Champs !!

"remember if a player is diving for the ball carrier if the defender has already started that dive while the player is in bounds then it is legal."

Absolute false statememt. You will not find that interpretation anywhere in the NCAA rule book. This is "announcer speak" and "coach speak". Each player is fully responsible for their actions (tackling, blocking, etc.) based on the things such as status of the player (s), status of the ball, and "how"\"what" caused said status.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    The guys announcing the game on ESPN 3 are Trey Bender and Jay Taylor according to TSN. I don't know if these guys did a game last week or not, but these guys are the same crew that did our game against Montana State last year, and I think they also did the Southern Illinois game this year. So they are familiar with NDSU a bit, and should be a bit better than Jay Walker and Jim "Froggy" Barber.
    They did the Montana State - New Hampshire game last week. They can't seem to get the team names quite right. Count on them calling you "North Dakota" a lot.
    ...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

GO MANDAN BRAVES!

jimmyptubas is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by nevadacat View Post
    They did the Montana State - New Hampshire game last week. They can't seem to get the team names quite right. Count on them calling you "North Dakota" a lot.
    That has been pretty standard lately and bugs me way more than Bisssson or Bisssssons.