Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
The ball is placed at the 40 every time it is kicked out of bounds. It could go out at the one yard line and the ball would be at the 40. When the ball goes out of bounds before the opponents own 40 than a 5 yard penalty is added. JMU kicked one out on the 45 so that game us the ball at the 50. I have never thought not having faith in your coverage team is a good strategy. The two times they kicked it out of bounds led to 10 NDSU points. Both were after JMU had started to swing the momentum their way. Tying the game with under a minute in the 1st half, only to see us kick a 53 yard fg to take the lead at the half. Then after they pulled within 5 points in the 4th quarter, the first play DJ takes it 60 yards for a td , pretty much sealing the game. I rarely see a situation where kicking it out of bounds is an advantage for the kicking team.
Here is a question. On JMU's drive toward the end of the first half, they had an illegal motion penalty. Flag was thrown, ball was moved back 5 yards, YET THE EFFING CLOCK NEVER STOPPED RUNNING. We would have had the ball with between ~ a minute thirty or bit better had that not happened. What am I missing on that?!