Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: IAmA Die-Hard Lehigh Fan......Ask Me Anything.

GradBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: IAmA Die-Hard Lehigh Fan......Ask Me Anything.

Quote Originally Posted by LehighGuy View Post
    Weak points for Chris Lum is a tough one. I would say that your best shot at containing him would be hurry him with your defensive line. If you have to send in a blitz package just to pressure him, he's going to eat you up in the screen game. If you can keep constant pressure, I'm not sure what will happen because no one we've played has been successful at doing that all year. Besides that, he's deadly accurate and smart with the football. All the haters like to point out that he threw 15 picks this year. The part of the equation that they are missing is the ~470 pass attempts he made. That's only ~3%.

The biggest mismatch I'm worried about is the trenches. We've not faced anyone of your size yet. Our lines are talented and fast, I just don't know if it'll be enough. I'm pretty content with the fact that you guys play a Tampa-2. I think it plays right into our normal offensive strategy. It also prevents your all-star corner following Spadola around on every down.
    Lum sounds like a great QB. But if he's gonna toss it 60 times like last game, I like our chances with ~1.8 picks.

Always nice when we get a respectful fan on this board from the opposing team. Welcome.

Since you said we can ask anything, I'd like to know your bank account number, your ss number and your account pin.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Welcome!

What happened during the Holy Cross game? You guys won 14-7, but Holy Cross only beat Lafayette by 5? No smack, just curious.
    There were a few factors in that game.

- Holy Cross was a pretty good team this year. They suffered a bunch of close losses including 7 point setbacks to Lehigh and UNH.
    - Holy Cross Head Coach Tom Gilmore was the defensive coordinator at Lehigh with Dave Cecchini in the early 2000's so he knows the system better than anyone.
    - Lehigh was displaced for much of the week heading into that game. The Lehigh Valley was hit with a foot plus snowstorm which caused widespread power outages. The coaches were working out of hotel and the team was forced to practice off campus.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post

Look for the center Horny Bison flag...should be a few of them up above our group. Don't stop anywhere else...(they're all a-holes)*

*j/k...you will be welcome pretty much everywhere.
    All I see is one sexy A-Team Van.
    Naughty by nature...not cause I hate ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    He won't need to. We have others.

Do you live in Bethlehem? I've been there once on a music tour...a long time ago. Good memories. I'd like to hear some things about the university & community from you.
    You're probably talking about Musikfest which draws over 1 million people to Bethlehem, PA over the course of 10 days. Yes, I've lived in Bethlehem my whole life.

I must disclose that there are two classes of Lehigh fans. There are students, alumni, and fac/staff. Then are the "townies". Mostly former steel workers or families of steel workers who have been lifelong Bethlehem residents. I am the latter. Local sports is a big deal in this neck of the woods. Most of the die-hards are the townies. You won't see any students in ND.

There is admittedly a rift between the students and Bethlehem residents that has eased somewhat over the years. Bethlehem is a very blue collar city, while Lehigh attracts many (not all) privileged from Long Island, CT, etc. Forgive me for my generalities.

Bethlehem and the Lehigh Valley in general is a great place to live. A few years ago, Bethlehem made the Forbes List of the top 100 places to live in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Castor Troy View Post
    Welcome!

What happened during the Holy Cross game? You guys won 14-7, but Holy Cross only beat Lafayette by 5? No smack, just curious.
    I don't really care for common opponent comparisons. I think they are very unreliable, especially in playoff season. Holy Cross has a great pass defense, but really struggles moving the ball. That's all I'll really say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Always nice when we get a respectful fan on this board from the opposing team. Welcome.

Since you said we can ask anything, I'd like to know your bank account number, your ss number and your account pin.
    With what I've spent on this trip to middle America, it's not going to do you any good. :-)

With what I've spent on this trip to middle America, it's not going to do you any good. :-)
    I heard there was free room and board at the "Bohlville" campsite outside the FargoDome Friday night if you want to save some money!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

You're probably talking about Musikfest which draws over 1 million people to Bethlehem, PA over the course of 10 days. Yes, I've lived in Bethlehem my whole life.

I must disclose that there are two classes of Lehigh fans. There are students, alumni, and fac/staff. Then are the "townies". Mostly former steel workers or families of steel workers who have been lifelong Bethlehem residents. I am the latter. Local sports is a big deal in this neck of the woods. Most of the die-hards are the townies. You won't see any students in ND.

There is admittedly a rift between the students and Bethlehem residents that has eased somewhat over the years. Bethlehem is a very blue collar city, while Lehigh attracts many (not all) privileged from Long Island, CT, etc. Forgive me for my generalities.

Bethlehem and the Lehigh Valley in general is a great place to live. A few years ago, Bethlehem made the Forbes List of the top 100 places to live in the country.
    Fargo usually makes towards the top of the list every year lol.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan View Post
    All I see is one sexy A-Team Van.
    Even though it is not part of the group I am in, it is still my favorite tailgating vehicle out there.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]