Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: IAmA Die-Hard Lehigh Fan......Ask Me Anything.

Default Re: IAmA Die-Hard Lehigh Fan......Ask Me Anything.

Why did u skip my questions in post 28

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Whats your best win outside of towson? did that team make the playoffs? where does the patriot league rank among fcs conferences? Do u think lehigh is just as battle tested as ndsu? whats ur prediction
    This year, best win outside of Towson was Liberty. We took UNH to OT and lost. Liberty did not make the playoffs. UNH obviously and lost this past week. We never have a crazy schedule where we play a bunch of FCS powerhouses. We have a long-standing (over 100 years) relationship with the Ivys, so between those game and our own conference games we only have 1 or 2 open slots a year to fill.

Where does the Patriot League rank? It's a pretty subjective question. Part of being in the PL means no athletic scholarships whatsoever. The PL champ does receive an auto-bid. If we don't get an auto-bid, PL teams are seldom considered at-large, so I don't really get too wrapped up in SoS.

Lehigh has performed well in the playoffs. They are 5-2 in the first round over the past 10 years, beating the likes of Richmond, W. Ill, Uni, and Hofstra. This year's team, in particular, is very focused. They have the tools and the attitude to win. UNI went home last year thinking Lehigh was going to be pushover.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G-city Bison Fan View Post
    All I see is one sexy A-Team Van.
    Is that the one that was parked under my window at the Days Inn in Minneapolis?

Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LehighGuy View Post
    Weak points for Chris Lum is a tough one. I would say that your best shot at containing him would be hurry him with your defensive line. If you have to send in a blitz package just to pressure him, he's going to eat you up in the screen game. If you can keep constant pressure, I'm not sure what will happen because no one we've played has been successful at doing that all year. Besides that, he's deadly accurate and smart with the football. All the haters like to point out that he threw 15 picks this year. The part of the equation that they are missing is the ~470 pass attempts he made. That's only ~3%.

The biggest mismatch I'm worried about is the trenches. We've not faced anyone of your size yet. Our lines are talented and fast, I just don't know if it'll be enough. I'm pretty content with the fact that you guys play a Tampa-2. I think it plays right into our normal offensive strategy. It also prevents your all-star corner following Spadola around on every down.
    The stat that really matters is the total number of turnovers on offense. Lehigh has 20 on offense which is pretty middle of the road. Not bad.Not great. Our defense gets pressure without blitzing and we have depth so we never tire. Our rotation has 7 or 8 guys we rotate in and there is not significant drop off. I guarantee you that Lehigh will move the ball between the 20's. We do that by design. But we will get turnovers. It all comes down to the red zone defense.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    The stat that really matters is the total number of turnovers on offense. Lehigh has 20 on offense which is pretty middle of the road. Not bad.Not great. Our defense gets pressure without blitzing and we have depth so we never tire. Our rotation has 7 or 8 guys we rotate in and there is not significant drop off. I guarantee you that Lehigh will move the ball between the 20's. We do that by design. But we will get turnovers. It all comes down to the red zone defense.
    If you can actually do that, it's going to be a long day for Lehigh. If not, I think we're in a GREAT game.

[QUOTE=gabe;568678]The stat that really matters is the total number of turnovers on offense. Lehigh has 20 on offense which is pretty middle of the road. Not bad.Not great. Our defense gets pressure without blitzing and we have depth so we never tire. Our rotation has 7 or 8 guys we rotate in and there is not significant drop off. I guarantee you that Lehigh will move the ball between the 20's. We do that by design. But we will get turnovers. It all comes down to the red zone defense.[/QUOTE]

Ive never liked that philosophy. The object is to keep them out of the red zone. Well for most teams that is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Reminds me of MNlonghorn's favorite QB Rhett Bomar coming to the the dome. Lehigh might put up some points in the first half but hopefully we get some big stops.

If our D plays like we did last week, which was BISON Football, it will be a long day of Lehigh. I can't wait for this game! I'm very nervous about your QB, but I feel Marcus will be making some CATCHES this weekend!

• NDSU and Fargo are listed as number five in “Top College Towns for Jobs” by Forbes.com
    • Fargo ranked 9th on Forbes list of best small places for business, careers.
    • Fargo ranked number 15 among best college towns by the American Institute for Economic Research.
    • Fargo-Moorhead is number 86 in Money Magazine’s list of the top 100 best small places to live.
    • Fargo was named third-best city to raise children by Children’s Health Magazine.
    • West Fargo was named 81 in the best places to live by Money Magazine.
    • Minnesota placed second and North Dakota seventh in the KIDS COUNT ranking of US States for Child well being.
    • North Dakota is listed among five states ranked most productive in Higher Education by the Delta Project.
    • Fargo was named one of the cleanest cities in America, according to the American Lung Association’s State of the Air: 2008 report.
    • Fargo was named the 3rd greenest city in America by Organic Gardening magazine.
    • The Fargo-Moorhead community ranked 3rd in the nation for happiness among women as reported from Self magazine.
    • Fargo-Moorhead ranked 10th healthiest community for women by Self magazine.
    • Fargo ranked as one of the 10 best affordable places to live and work according to MSN Real Estate.
    • Fargo ranked 8 in the list of 25 Best Markets to find a job released by MSN and CareerBuilder.com
    • Fargo-Moorhead was named the 5th healthiest place to live and retire in America by AARP The Magazine.
    • Fargo-Moorhead was number 15 on the list of Best US Cities for Doing Business, released by Inc.com.
    • North Dakota ranked 1st in Road Maintenance by the Reason Foundation.
    • Fargo was number 24 in Fortune Small Business magazine’s top 100 best places to live and launch a business in 2008.
    • Fargo-Moorhead ranked 11th on a list of the best small metro areas for business and careers by Forbes magazine.
    • North Dakota ranked 9th and Minnesota 10th on the annual list of the Best States for Business by Forbes magazine.
    • Minnesota ranked 1st and North Dakota 9th on the “Healthiest State” in the nation ranking by CQ Press.
    • North Dakota ranked 10th and Minnesota 4th on the “Most Livable” States Category by CQ Press.
    • North Dakota was named the 3rd “Safest State” in the nation by CQ Press.
    • North Dakota ranked 4th in the nation in state competitiveness according to the Beacon Hill Institutes annual State Competitiveness ranking.
    • North Dakota ranked 7th in the nation in the Best States for Jobs list by CareerBuilder.com.
    • Fargo-Moorhead topped a list of “15 Great Cities for Job Seekers” by MSN.com.
    • Fargo ranked in the top 10 Business Opportunity Metros by Expansion Management magazine.
    • Fargo-Moorhead was placed in the 100 Hot-City Guide by Cosmopolitan Magazine.
    • Fargo-Moorhead ranked in the top 100 metropolitan areas in Economic Strength ratings by POLICOM Corporation.
    • Fargo-Moorhead ranked number one on the list of U.S. cities ranked on 200 environmental, health and quality of life indicators by the Earth Day Network.

There is the Red River Valley
    The best is yet to come

Lehighguy, walk through the student line (south side of dome) to get students all riled up....wear Mt. Hawks gear too!
    The best is yet to come