Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone see Mcfeely as usual dumbass comment on facebook about not being a sellout?

Default Re: Anyone see Mcfeely as usual dumbass comment on facebook about not being a sellout

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    The infamous Lehigh @ UNI game last year didnt even draw 6,000. Unless delaware's atmosphere is similar to ours (noise) lehigh will not be prepared.. Remember lehigh is a non counter for FBS teams therefore they do not play FBS teams.
    Actually Lehigh might be one of the few PL teams that counts, but they are probably choosing not to play a FBS team.

Default Re: Anyone see Mcfeely as usual dumbass comment on facebook about not being a sellout

Seriously guys?? He was taking a jab at th people who WERE NOT there not the overall state of NDSU. Just so you know he and his familly attend NDSU events he mentions it often on his show.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

mcfooly is the biggest loser in fargo, just an inch above NBOTN hammer

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Actually Lehigh might be one of the few PL teams that counts, but they are probably choosing not to play a FBS team.
    While it could be a matter of choice, I doubt they actually will be given a chance to play an FBS team. 26 is right, they wouldn't count but my understanding is that an FCS team has to have averaged 57 scholarships over a three year period to be eligble to play a FBS team. Since they play in a partial scholarhsip league, they can't play FBS teams.

Does anyone think NDSU/FFD may have counted tickets differently this game? I mean, with that number being used for how much money they have to pay the NCAA, wouldn't you think you'd use the counting method that made that number the smallest possible? During the year, I'd guess you'd use the method that made that number the biggest possible... Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While it could be a matter of choice, I doubt they actually will be given a chance to play an FBS team. 26 is right, they wouldn't count but my understanding is that an FCS team has to have averaged 57 scholarships over a three year period to be eligble to play a FBS team. Since they play in a partial scholarhsip league, they can't play FBS teams.
    No, it's based on equivalencies....they factor in all the money players get into the numbers they report to the NCAA. Lehigh's football budget is just a bit over $4.3 million. The PL is not partial scholarship or non-scholarship, they are this odd hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    No, it's based on equivalencies....they factor in all the money players get into the numbers they report to the NCAA. Lehigh's football budget is just a bit over $4.3 million. The PL is not partial scholarship or non-scholarship, they are this odd hybrid.
    Doesn't matter, the point is Lehigh does not play FBS teams. No one on their team has ever stood infront of an FBS crowd. They have never played a snap of football infront of a crowd like the fargodome. They are gonna say they functioned fine in the UNI dome and they arent worried, I have news for them that game had 5,900 people in attendance. It is not comparible.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Let them think that!

#5 FOREVER "NOTORIOUS"

I'm choosing to believe that the FD announced attendance of 18,020 was the paid attendance, while the reported number of 17,432 was the turnstile count. Both make sense. Assuming there are about 18,700 actual seats in the FD, about 700 unsold tickets sounds about right. We heard that about 2000 of the 3800 student tickets went to students, and about 1000 were sold as general admission. That would leave around 800 leftover. The vagueness of the reported numbers plus any walkup sales makes 700 a likely number. And the 600 difference between the two attendance numbers would be just about right for paid no-shows. There weren't a lot of open seats below the top few rows, but there were some. The 600 figure works out to be around 2 empty seats for every 3 rows in a section. That's compares pretty accurately to what I saw at the game.

I'd guess the subtracted all the unused JMU tickets...they had what? 40 fans at the game?