Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game preview from caazone

Default Re: Game preview from caazone

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I am a bit nervous about punting myself. They had no trouble getting pressure on punts if memory serves. I guess the key is just to not have to punt.
    I'm all for not punting.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'm all for not punting.
    Statistically speaking, or from a coaching philosophy standpoint??!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Statistically speaking, or from a coaching philosophy standpoint??!!
    Yes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    Where does he get this 'superior speed' shit? I watched them...and didn't see any streaks of lightning. That's funny.
    I thought one of their RB's looked pretty quick. Their QB was quick too but not as quick as Rennie. Nobody on their defensive side of the ball jumped out at me.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Agree, they will probably try and block punts. I would expect them to "pull out all the stops", might try a fake punt, early onside kick, ect.. Also, I would like to see the Bison try a fake punt and a few middle screens.
    I think Bohl has had a fake punt play with Voitlander in his back pocket all year and has yet to try it. It would be a great time to use it on saturday. I am also ok with not punting. Another dumb argument, not mentioned in this article but that I have heard, is that JMU will not be intimidated by the crowd because they play in front of 25,000 at home. Hello..are these people dumb? I am guessing that when they are on offense at home, it is pretty quiet. Now compare that with 19k screaming their asses off when you are trying to call an audible or even hear the snap count. Big difference. The crowd will be a factor. Te more false starts and timeouts that occur that are a direct result of crowd noise, the louder the crowd will get. This team feeds off of the crowd, let's give them plenty to feast on.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I thought one of their RB's looked pretty quick. Their QB was quick too but not as quick as Rennie. Nobody on their defensive side of the ball jumped out at me.
    Linebacker, #27, not sure of his name, he looked like a player.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I think Bohl has had a fake punt play with Voitlander in his back pocket all year and has yet to try it. It would be a great time to use it on saturday. I am also ok with not punting. Another dumb argument, not mentioned in this article but that I have heard, is that JMU will not be intimidated by the crowd because they play in front of 25,000 at home. Hello..are these people dumb? I am guessing that when they are on offense at home, it is pretty quiet. Now compare that with 19k screaming their asses off when you are trying to call an audible or even hear the snap count. Big difference. The crowd will be a factor. Te more false starts and timeouts that occur that are a direct result of crowd noise, the louder the crowd will get. This team feeds off of the crowd, let's give them plenty to feast on.
    I heard an interview with one of the players and he didn't seem to be think it was a big deal. He did say that they have played in some big time atmospheres in the past couple of years. I think they played Virginia Tech last year. He said they managed the crowd noise there fine.
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    Their LBs are all good to very good. I'm guessing that they have a lot of speed - of course, you really don't know how much speed until you see them against a known team.

Their offensive line is pretty darn big for their kind of offense* and their QB looked huge and tough to bring down against EKU, hopefully NDSU defends him as well as they did MarQueis Gray who is a similar QB (Rennie is super quick and is more like Montana State's Denarius McGhee.)

* For option, you basically want five very mobile, large fullbacks (imo).

Another game analysis. They seem more concerned about the turf than perfecting a silent count. http://jamesmadison.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1300426

NDSU’s 4-3 defense struggled at times with option teams like JMU. When facing a running QB like the Dukes’ Justin Thorpe, they typically play the running backs.
    i agree. marquise gray, and terrell rennie absolutely tore us a new one.

dipshit.