Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This team will open at 10-0

Default Re: This team will open at 10-0

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    You guys don't remember resent history to well. SDSU started something like 6-0 last year and their message board sounded a lot like yours right now. How did that work out for them. They beat Iowa and I think they beat Fresno in that start. November means nothing, and at six an 0 your rip is 74. Western Illinois has one d-1 win and they check in at 76 so your wins arnt impressing the computers. Oakland checks in at 49. 24 wins???? Leave the league, hope you arnt drinking out of the same cup those bunnies were last year.
    I do agree 24-5 is pretty bullish that said we aren't SDSU. We actually have a front court and we play defense.

RPI doesn't mean anything right now, give it a month and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    If that happens we really need to get into the MVC right away. With Oral Roberts leaving this league isn't getting any better.
    Actually, if NDSU goes 24-5, NDSU will have single-handedly made the Summit better.

And that is how NDSU has ALWAYS operated - NDSU will push, pull and drag any conference they are members of (against their will, if necessary) to excellence. I'm only 23.7% kidding about that.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Arizona State, that one is winnable. The game at the Barn, with refs in Tubbys back pocket, that will be a tough one, Mbakwe or not.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is way to early to tell how we will be towards the end of the year. We are a VERY young team so expect some downs to go with these ups. Enjoy this team because they have something special. We are only witnessing the beginning of it.

I make no judgments until conference play. The chief has spoken

(Beating minne might get my attention)

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I make no judgments until conference play. The chief has spoken

(Beating minne might get my attention)

BadlandsBison will make no judgments until conference play. The Sphinx has spoken.

I know Hammersmith and tony will get this.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by grizz View Post
    You guys don't remember resent history to well. SDSU started something like 6-0 last year and their message board sounded a lot like yours right now. How did that work out for them. They beat Iowa and I think they beat Fresno in that start. November means nothing, and at six an 0 your rip is 74. Western Illinois has one d-1 win and they check in at 76 so your wins arnt impressing the computers. Oakland checks in at 49. 24 wins???? Leave the league, hope you arnt drinking out of the same cup those bunnies were last year.
    Well I'm not preaching 24-5, I do have faith this team can get to 20 wins this season. We most certainly aren't SDSU, we don't rely on one player to score 30 points to get a W (Wolters), we don't live and die by the 3 pointer and we have two bigs that have been playing well so far this season. Our defense is playing stellar and we aren't turning the ball over as much. This team has won two games this year (USF and Green Bay) that we would have crumbled and lost last season and each time I watch this team I become more of a believer. The Minnesota game is gonna be a hard W regardless if Mbakwe plays or not, ASU I think is a winnable game for us, but it's still a Pac-12 team and we are gonna have to play at the top of our game to get a W. We fell just short at Oregon last year I'm hoping we can turn the corner this year. As far as you and your Grizz are concerned, if you are going to keep relying on Hamilton to score 30 and Bader to make 5 or more 3's a game to get a W you won't have the season your hoping for either. It's gonna be a competitive year in the Summit between 4 or 5 solid teams. Should be fun.

I think a 20+ win season would be amazing for this team and I think with the benefit of hindsight in how the team has started and how the are looking right now it very well could happen. I honestly thought this team was a year or 2 away from competing but they look very legitimate now which is surprising for such a young time.

I think I am most impressed with how polished they look at times for such a young team. Defense I don't think will ever be much of an issue under Saul, these guys are playing great defensively and they share the ball so well for such a bunch of young guys. It isn't just 1 or 2 players it's most definitely a collective group playing as one on the floor.

I think their biggest issue is finding ways to maintain throughout the entire game and not slipping like they did at the end of Fresno State.

How about Tray against fresno! Instead of taking crap shots he was picking up assists.

He played head and shoulders better than he has so far at home.

It will be an exciting night when tray is the one that drops 25 points.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    I don't see that record happening. Yes we have had a great start but Summit road games will not be easy. ASU and U of M will most likely be L. This team is young and doing great but even Saul thinks they still have work to do. I hope they do go 24 - 5 like Bisonator thinks. We would get a REALLY good bracket buster match up.
    MN's Mbakwe is done for the season(torn ACL), that game just became a lot more winnable.