Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serious Question!!

Default Re: Serious Question!!

Agree with SD, Askew was the first name that popped in my head. LA is damn good though!!

was askew a pg?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ming01 View Post
    was askew a pg?
    He was...I should have said in the last 25 years! I had the opportunity to watch him play at NDSU and play p/u games with him. As smooth as a PG you will ever find.

Craig Aamot(sp?) was a very good basketball player. Fun to watch but I wouldn't say as athletic as LA.

Just a great job by Saul and his staff finding this kid. LA is the type of PG we have been missing and was very evident the last couple of years.

Askew was so smooth that he had a tryout with the globetrotters.

Sort of funny how it works out, we damn near had a kid named Steve McWorter, he is the starting PG for Indiana State as a true Sophomore. He is a very good PG. Then we almost had Wes Washpun who is playing a bunch for Tennessee as a true Freshman, and don't forget about Jay Harris....but we finally get LA and Joel Lindberg. It took a while and taking 2nd place in recruiting doesn't help anyone, but the staff is really looking at the right kids. It is nice to know that the freshman and soph class is winning so soon. The future is bright.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Sort of funny how it works out, we damn near had a kid named Steve McWorter, he is the starting PG for Indiana State as a true Sophomore. He is a very good PG. Then we almost had Wes Washpun who is playing a bunch for Tennessee as a true Freshman, and don't forget about Jay Harris....but we finally get LA and Joel Lindberg. It took a while and taking 2nd place in recruiting doesn't help anyone, but the staff is really looking at the right kids. It is nice to know that the freshman and soph class is winning so soon. The future is bright.
    Jay Harris is the 6th man for Valpo, but he is playing 27 min per game, and scoring 12 ppg. Here is an amazing stat: that kid is shooting 100% (20/20) from the line after making 95% for the season as a freshman!

If LA was a PG in high school he would not be in Fargo. If Taylor Braun didn't get hurt in the summer before his senior season, he would not be in Fargo. If Marshall Bjorklund was an inch or two taller, he would not be in Fargo. If Trayvonn Wright was a little thicker, he would not be in Fargo. Etc. I am grateful they are all on our team and we are going to have a blast watching this group for years to come.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

LA made a deal with the Devil asked to play in the hottest arena in Division I.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."