Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Question!!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Serious Question!!

How the hell did we get a kid as talented as LA here? That dunk was sic!!! Plus he's quick, great shot, doesn't turn it over, not something you expect out of a kid that has only played five games in college.

Honestly, is this a kid that just fell through the cracks? Can't wait to see him against the Gophers to see how he performs with that type of defensive pressure.

In the past we have been too slow to keep up with the Gophers. I think LA will more than hold his own.

Default Re: Serious Question!!

I agree 100%! I really can't wait to see him against Wolters. It's pretty shocking that our two beat players are the two kids we signed really, really late in their recruiting classes. We are going to be good for a long time. Go Bison!

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Can anyone name a PG that has played at NDSU that is as athletic a kid as LA is? IMO this is what we have been missing for a long time.

Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE Ben Woodside fan. But LA has something that Ben didn't possess. More athletic and a better defender. Add in Hale and we can defend anyone in the conference. In the past quicker guards have killed us. I don't think we will have that problem for the next three years!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Can anyone name a PG that has played at NDSU that is as athletic a kid as LA is? IMO this is what we have been missing for a long time.

Don't get me wrong. I am a HUGE Ben Woodside fan. But LA has something that Ben didn't possess. More athletic and a better defender. Add in Hale and we can defend anyone in the conference. In the past quicker guards have killed us. I don't think we will have that problem for the next three years!!
    Jeff Askew
    Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations Release: January 19, 2005
    Courtesy: NDSU Athletics

Sport Basketball
    Years Played 1979-83
    Year Inducted 2000

Perhaps the slickest, flashiest and best guard ever to play basketball at North Dakota State, Askew was the all-time leader in points, assists and steals when his career concluded in 1983, and his name was entered in 11 different departments.
    He finished with four North Central Conference records in assists and steals including career marks in both.

All-North Central Conference three times--as a freshman in 1980, as a junior in 1982, and as a senior in 1983. He was his team's MVP as a senior and was selected to the NCAA all-regional team that season. He led NDSU to the North Central Conference title in 1981 and NCAA regional appearances in both 1981 and 1983. The Bison finished third in the 1981 regional and second in the 1983 regional.

Askew averaged 14.6 points per game over his career including 13.9, 10.5, 15.5 and 18.3 averages over each of his four years as a starter. He played in 116 career games and his 1,695 points is one of the highest point totals in school history.

He still holds school records in career field goals made (710), career field goals attempted (1,502), and career assists (684). The Bison recorded 16-13, 20-9, 18-11 and 21-9 marks over his career with NCC finishes of second, first, third and third over that span.

A native of Milwaukee, he continues to live and work in Fargo. He is engaged to be married and has one daughter and one grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Jeff Askew
    He WAS fun to watch!!!
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Did jeff ever ask you anything? hehe.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

CoCo was pretty fun to watch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twentysix View Post
    Did jeff ever ask you anything? hehe.
    If you watched the Bison back then, you'd know not to give Brady Lipp...

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=209053

Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Craig Aamot was tough. Transfer from Marquet.
    "Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy." - The Tick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyJVaIrn0bw

Coming out of high school he wasn't a point guard and decided to take a year and develop into one at a Academy school and flew under the radar.