Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: USD's Ed Meierkort Fired

mango is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: USD's Ed Meierkort Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    And yet sdsu is still able to bury their turds (or do they eat them) and stig gets a free pass ?
    If it was up to me, he'd be gone. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. Too many dumb mistakes, both in recruiting and who got playing time, that have hurt the program and it's been costly the last two years.

he must not be a good hunter

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well if it wasn't coaching and it really was other off field stuff, makes it seem like they were at the least comfortable how Ed has done thus far. Makes me wonder if USD is destined to become a MVFC version of Northern Colorado and be the league doormat. UNC hired what's his face, Collins I think from Alcorn State. I said it when they announced it was a bad hire, and after an 0-11 season still maintain that. Really interesting to see what happens at USD now, it really is sink or swim time.

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    If it was up to me, he'd be gone. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. Too many dumb mistakes, both in recruiting and who got playing time, that have hurt the program and it's been costly the last two years.
    I hear you mango. Actually I was referring to the unnatural ability to bury off-the-field issues to key players that SDSU and Stig seems to possess. I'm still in awe. I do find it a bit ironic that SDSU fans are calling out USD's issues.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

I hear you mango. Actually I was referring to the unnatural ability to bury off-the-field issues to key players that SDSU and Stig seems to possess. I'm still in awe. I do find it a bit ironic that SDSU fans are calling out USD's issues.
    That's what happens when your team beat writer is also a fanboy of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreYote View Post
    That's what happens when your team beat writer is also a fanboy of the team.
    Oh good lord

Notorious is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

THE Tatanka doesn't pull any punches...

"Bisonville Poster of the Year - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012"

"Hustler Man of the Year - 2011 & 2012"

"1977 Pinewood Derby Champion - Southwestern North Dakota"

"Chub's Pub & 4-10 Club Hall of Fame - 2012

"Voted Biggest DICK on Bisonville"

I really wish the reason TOB quit would come out. There is a reason that he quit and many people know why (including several on this board), just no one is saying it for some reason. Truthfully, I'm glad he's gone, let Sumner come in and we really got a good luck at what he is capable of.

I really don't know what USD's issues are (don't really pay that close of attention to them) but I was just going off what their AD said. Who knows the real reason he was let go though.

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Oh good lord
    Mango, I like TV. He does a great job. He is a wonderful writer and a very hard worker. However, I have never seen a team beat writer be so "soft" on the team he/she covers. Michael Wilbon was to MJ as TV is to the Jacks.

Very poor timing, going into the Full Valley Schedule with a new coach, new scheme etc.....yep welcome to #10 in the league standing
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant