Page 78 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 LastLast

Thread: we are going in the wrong direction

Default Re: we are going in the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Pretty poor comparison to the football team. The WBB team has been horrible for almost the entire time at D1 and there is nowhere to go but up when you are a horrible team. Sure these freshman will improve, they should, but this is Walseth's third year now and this team hopefully shows improvement.

Does a close loss to a depleted SDSU team mean anything? I don't know, we'll see.

Having watched many WBB games in the old BSA when I was at NDSU, any one of those teams would boat race this D1 team. Granted, I have only watched 2 games this year.

Hopefully, the WBB program will get better but the only place to go is up....right?

They could stay where they are currently at. But yes up is the only real direction to go. Yes SDSU was down a couple of good players last night. But we should all realize with those players SDSU has is really going. So if NDSU can compete with those type of players out, it is a good sign. They poor second quarter scoring wise really hurt them. I was flipping between the games so I am not sure what SDSU changed to close the gap after the first quarter.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The women showed good signs of improving last night. There were still spots that were ugly to watch, but overall they put together a solid game against probably the best team in the Summit. Hate to lose the the game on that last second mess up tho. The one thing that surprised me was there was no second-half meltdown or lackluster performance as we've seen in the past. Bodes well for the future. (But SDSU missing TEN free throws also helped )

I foresee that as the season goes along, the team will mesh more and become more of a TEAM and make few mistakes with communication.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    Pretty poor comparison to the football team. The WBB team has been horrible for almost the entire time at D1 and there is nowhere to go but up when you are a horrible team. Sure these freshman will improve, they should, but this is Walseth's third year now and this team hopefully shows improvement.

Does a close loss to a depleted SDSU team mean anything? I don't know, we'll see.

Having watched many WBB games in the old BSA when I was at NDSU, any one of those teams would boat race this D1 team. Granted, I have only watched 2 games this year.

Hopefully, the WBB program will get better but the only place to go is up....right?

Don't everyone get too excited... The team still is quite bad, and very slow , with poor ball handles. But the good news is we play Denver next, a team equally as bad as us. Was it last year we took Yotes to 2ot's and lost, and went on to one of the sh!ttiest season is our history?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Have watched the last four games and this team is improving! Out of the freshman Sarah and Reilly are improving every game. They have a lot of ability and are starting to figure out the college game.

Hard to be patient as early on we looked so bad.....but this team is improving and that's all you can ask for.

The rest of the freshman too early to call. Let's be honest sometimes it takes kids a year or two to improve at the college level.

Plus need to get a couple of players off the bench that are dealing with injuries. They could help spell some minutes for the ones playing a lot. A couple minute rest here and there would do the workhorse players a lot.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Don't everyone get too excited... The team still is quite bad, and very slow , with poor ball handles. But the good news is we play Denver next, a team equally as bad as us. Was it last year we took Yotes to 2ot's and lost, and went on to one of the sh!ttiest season is our history?
    Doesn't this post belong in the glass half full thread? Love your optimism.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Cmon can you possibly say something positive? Team is young and the freshman are learning on the fly. They are anything but slow. Just inexperienced. Walseths system is starting to click. Our goal should be to make the tournament and peak late in the year when it really matters

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

As to last years Coyote games. For clarity.
    Yes, played them tough at home.
    Went to Vermillion and got the snot kicked out of the Bison.

Coyotes erased a double digit lead by the Jacks this afternoon, and went on to win 65-62.
    Coyotes in Fargo on Wednesday night at 7 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    As to last years Coyote games. For clarity.
    Yes, played them tough at home.
    Went to Vermillion and got the snot kicked out of the Bison.
    They also won the WNIT tournament and kicked the shit out of Oregon by like 40 on their home court.

I'm just saying we are closer than most people think. Keep getting better and peak during the Summit League Tournament.

This is a youth movement and we have a great core of players.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com