Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: we are going in the wrong direction

Default Re: we are going in the wrong direction

If there is a year or more left we would have to pay her her salary which I'm guessing is around 100k.

As for the soccer coach, I heard it from a member of the soccer staff. Pete would've stayed for 8k (and he was the lowest payed HC at NDSU) but Dorn said they couldn't do it.

She is in the 4th year of a 5 yr contract.

Let’s hope your Intel is right Elephants Dream

Still would like to see a change now! Two home games and a trip down to Sioux Falls.

The only problem, how to handle the success of winning!!!

Jaime has no say in who plays. I guarantee the rotation would change.

You cannot continue to put players in the game, the other teams don’t guard, and instead they double Abby, Janae and Hannah

We are losing more in attendance $$ each game we wait, and further behind SDSU and USD

Best part of the soccer debacle, is that Dorn told Pete she couldn't do an 8k raise yet brings in the new coach at 6k more than Pete. So we lost a successful head coach and the entire staff over 2k. According to inform.com Pete still would have been the lowest paid HC at NDSU even with the 8k raise. Lets just hope Gene oversees the WBB search.

Quote Originally Posted by D_One_here_we_come View Post
    Best part of the soccer debacle, is that Dorn told Pete she couldn't do an 8k raise yet brings in the new coach at 6k more than Pete. So we lost a successful head coach and the entire staff over 2k. According to inform.com Pete still would have been the lowest paid HC at NDSU even with the 8k raise. Lets just hope Gene oversees the WBB search.
    Fire Dorn at the same time. What a dumas.

Quote Originally Posted by D_One_here_we_come View Post

WOW

If this is true then Dorn should be gone as well. All of our coaches should be at the upper echelon of salaries in the Summit.

I remember going to the D2 championship game at the BSA against Delta State in 91...I think. The place was packed and very loud. Bison BB needs to get back to that kind of atmosphere.

Dehoff needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    She is in the 4th year of a 5 yr contract.
    They gave her a one year contract extension at some point, so she actually has 2 years left after this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    They gave her a one year contract extension at some point, so she actually has 2 years left after this year.
    Good chance she is still coaching next year then...........just wonderful. If Dorn couldn't come up with a few thousand to keep a very good soccer coach no way does she pay two years of salary to get rid of a crappy basketball coach.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dorn keeps a bad BB coach, runs off the soccer coach over a couple of grand, and don't forget the Hinterstocker situation. Don't think that was handled right. If I'm wrong on that, one of you with more knowledge in the volleyball program correct me and I'll leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    WOW

If this is true then Dorn should be gone as well. All of our coaches should be at the upper echelon of salaries in the Summit.

I remember going to the D2 championship game at the BSA against Delta State in 91...I think. The place was packed and very loud. Bison BB needs to get back to that kind of atmosphere.

Dehoff needs to go.
    All of our coaches are either the best or second best paid coaches in the Summit & MVFC except for Saul(who is around fourth). Pete was either #1 or #2 in the Summit, but was at or near the bottom of the full-time head coaches at NDSU(I can't believe Pete was paid less than our golf coaches).

This was from two or three years ago:
    _1. $180,960 - Football - Craig Bohl
    _2. $177,916 - Athletic Director - Gene Taylor
    _3. $135,000 - Men's Basketball - Saul Phillips
    _4. $130,612 - W Athletic Director - Lynn Dorn
    _5. $113,400 - Women's Basketball - Carolyn DeHoff
    _6. $_87,330 - Wrestling - Bucky Maughan
    _7. $_73,109 - Volleyball - Erich Hintersocker
    _8. $_63,064 - Men's Track - Don Larson
    _9. $_62,000 - Softball - Darrin Mueller
    10. $_60,388 - Women's Track - Ryun Godfrey
    11. $_58,422 - Baseball - Tod Brown