Page 28 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: we are going in the wrong direction

Default Re: we are going in the wrong direction

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Let me summarize. We have a coach who cannot recruit or keep players, and now she can't keep assistant coaches either.

IMO, the REAL problem should have been taken care of at the end of February, if not earlier.
    Unfortunately, problem's boss had her own issues around that time...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Let me summarize. We have a coach who cannot recruit or keep players, and now she can't keep assistant coaches either.

IMO, the REAL problem should have been taken care of at the end of February, if not earlier.
    Now cmon our womens basketball program has made huge strides

Look at our number of wins over the last few years ........................................... OK maybe not
    Look at our progress in the conference over the last few years..............................OK maybe not
    Look at the increase in attendance over the last few years.....................................OK maybe not
    Look at our stellar recruiting over the last few years ............................................OK maybe not
    Look at the expectations that have been fulfilled since the transition.......................OK maybe not

Stand up and take notice people you have the prime opportunity to watch "the ball being dropped" by our administration. For as great of job of leadership they have done in the other sports they are taking a wrong turn on this one. It would be a easy conversation and could go something like this: I am sorry but we are going to have to let you go for total lack of performance of the job you were hired to do. Do you have something to put your personal items in or would you like me to help you out and go find a box.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Unfortunately, problem's boss had her own issues around that time...
    I think Coach is on a short leash. She and Lynn are good friends but wins are wins. I will say one thing she's had a lot of bad luck as far as injuries go which didn't help.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This will be DeHoff's final year of her 5 year contract. I bet it was a money issue to buy her out and hire a new coach, especially since NDSU is really short on money right now. Bison would have to win the Summit next year for DeHoff to be renewed. Typically a coach gets an extension before the final year, so I think the writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    This will be DeHoff's final year of her 5 year contract. I bet it was a money issue to buy her out and hire a new coach, especially since NDSU is really short on money right now. Bison would have to win the Summit next year for DeHoff to be renewed. Typically a coach gets an extension before the final year, so I think the writing is on the wall.
    You're wrong, she got a one year extension a couple years back. She has two years left currently on her deal.

Greenie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    You're wrong, she got a one year extension a couple years back. She has two years left currently on her deal.
    Oops, sorry....but the Bison have to be more sorry for giving her an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Oops, sorry....but the Bison have to be more sorry for giving her an extension.
    Don't think anyone will disagree with you on that one.

And to think this was suppose to be one of the "easier" transition sports into DI. Sucks big time to see how much the women s program has fallen.

Don't worry Down has been great the last 3-5 years. Just look at the Soccer situation, letting a proven coach leave for 2k. oops maybe her run is over.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tweet from Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader:

University of Sioux Falls women's basketball assistant Tom Goehle is leaving to join staff at North Dakota State. He's an Augustana grad