Page 7 of 169 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

The WAC can probably survive as a non football conference. Albeit with members that the Summit wouldn't consider.

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With Butler likely leaving for the A-10 tomorrow, meaning there will be a good chance Oakland will be leaving the Summit, I don't think the Summit can turn anyone down right now. I'd take Denver in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    With Butler likely leaving for the A-10 tomorrow, meaning there will be a good chance Oakland will be leaving the Summit, I don't think the Summit can turn anyone down right now. I'd take Denver in a second.
    Douple should do whatever it takes, I wouldn't be against looking at some of the other WAC schools either.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Denver has a good athletic program. Very solid men's team and a good soccer program

BRING BACK SNORTY

Now it sounds like Boise might weasel their way into the Big West....Denver could be a realistic addition for the Summit.

Future of the Summit is definitely in trouble. NDSU needs to do everything it can to solidify the basketball program as legit in the next 3-5 years, in case the Horizon (again) or possibly even MVC comes calling. That did indeed work for Butler.

Hopefully they don't play the honor card and refuse to look at moving without SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Future of the Summit is definitely in trouble. NDSU needs to do everything it can to solidify the basketball program as legit in the next 3-5 years, in case the Horizon or possibly even MVC comes calling. That did indeed work for Butler.

Hopefully they don't play the honor card and refuse to look at moving without SDSU.
    I hope they do stick by SDSU. Personally I believe it's much more likely a bball conference will come calling looking for SDSU than NDSU. That extra 180 miles is a bitch.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Well I hope if the opportunity ever came they wouldn't give it a second thought if it did not include SDSU or they could end up in a conference undersireable. Just saying if that opportunity ever presented itself.

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With how the state of South Dakota got involved during the USD to the Big Sky debacle, I see SDSU being more tied to USD than I do us. If any conference comes calling for SDSU, they better be willing to accept USD. Depending on the situation, this could be a positive or a negative for NDSU depending on how many schools the conference is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    I hope they do stick by SDSU. Personally I believe it's much more likely a bball conference will come calling looking for SDSU than NDSU. That extra 180 miles is a bitch.
    I dunno if that was supposed to be in purple or not, I can almost drive from Fargo to Brookings in my sleep.

But I agree, we need to use SDSU to our advantage in case a conference is eyeing SDSU more than us due to location alone.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz