Page 62 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Easedropping. Western needs a few neighbors in the conference too.

Add UMKC (easy drive), UNC, & Lindenwood (easy drive) in that order. Help us with travel by adding schools that fit our profile. No other Dakota school has any appeal. MN State would. The league is great and even our facilities will see some upgrades soon. Strength in numbers and legit travel partner.

Happy off season.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My thoughts...

-UMKC if they add baseball...
    -PFW has to go
    -I would much prefer Mn State sans football than Augustana.

Long term I hope us and SDSU go to the Valley. Obviously it will never happen because the Jacks love their "precious." In that case a move to the MAC with UNI and Illinois State would suffice.

Agreed. UMKC must add baseball. What else did the Royals build the MLB youth baseball site if not for more opportunities on the diamond in KC. Plenty of local talent. Add a Roos locker room and call it a day. Would be a great set up. Worth a Google search if ya haven't seen it.

Yes Minn State. Welcome.

Lindenwood doesn't get much push up north but they have pretty good Oly sports (solid facilities) and an arena a few miles away to use as needed. Park their football in the Pioneer League. DU and ORU would approve.

PFW is ready for the Horizon and honestly it's a great match up for both. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    My thoughts...

-PFW has to go

Long term I hope us and SDSU go to the Valley. Obviously it will never happen because the Jacks love their "precious." In that case a move to the MAC with UNI and Illinois State would suffice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    Agreed. UMKC must add baseball. What else did the Royals build the MLB youth baseball site if not for more opportunities on the diamond in KC. Plenty of local talent. Add a Roos locker room and call it a day. Would be a great set up. Worth a Google search if ya haven't seen it.

Yes Minn State. Welcome.

Lindenwood doesn't get much push up north but they have pretty good Oly sports (solid facilities) and an arena a few miles away to use as needed. Park their football in the Pioneer League. DU and ORU would approve.

PFW is ready for the Horizon and honestly it's a great match up for both. Time will tell.
    I'm at the point where I don't have a strong preference either way on Augie going/not going D1, I just want someone to make some sort of official decision on it.

That being said, seeing these types of posts brings me back around to the same question I asked earlier in this thread (here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...#post1276201): I understand why people would prefer some of these other schools over Augie, but have any of these other D2 schools expressed any interest in going D1 and/or joining the Summit League?

My understanding is that, currently, SCSU and Mankato are about as far away from going D1 as any other school in the country, but they keep being brought up as if they're on the verge of an announcement or something. I don't know much about Lindenwood, but I haven't heard any rumors of them considering a move-up either. It's clear many people on here would prefer those schools over Augie, but unless they announce sometime soon that they're investigating that option, my understanding is that it is extremely unlikely to happen anytime soon. If that's the case, it would seem Augie is a better...or at least a more realistic option...in the time frame that would matter to the Summit League if IPFW (or whatever their acronym is now) were to bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    My thoughts...

-PFW has to go

UMKC without baseball doesn't solve our big concern.
    IPFW will marry the first girl who smiles at them
    I don't want any D2 schools in our football conference. We should be targeting teams that are as good or better than what we have to improve the conference. Good facilities. Good attendance. Solid tradition.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Would love to see UNC and UMKC join. I think we have no chance at the former, but should eventually get the latter.

Regarding D2s, let 'em make an announcement. The NCC schools who stayed D2 are for the most better than SWAC, Pioneer, and NEC teams.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Would love to see UNC and UMKC join. I think we have no chance at the former, but should eventually get the latter.

Regarding D2s, let 'em make an announcement. The NCC schools who stayed D2 are for the most better than SWAC, Pioneer, and NEC teams.
    Have you seen UNCs football stadium. Its basically the same as it was when Joe Glenn was there and they still draw about the same. I would rate UNC somewhere between Indiana State and Missouri State, except Misery State has way nicer facilities.

UNC would be great for the Summit but mediocre for the MVFC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I'm at the point where I don't have a strong preference either way on Augie going/not going D1, I just want someone to make some sort of official decision on it.

That being said, seeing these types of posts brings me back around to the same question I asked earlier in this thread (here: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...#post1276201): I understand why people would prefer some of these other schools over Augie, but have any of these other D2 schools expressed any interest in going D1 and/or joining the Summit League?

My understanding is that, currently, SCSU and Mankato are about as far away from going D1 as any other school in the country, but they keep being brought up as if they're on the verge of an announcement or something. I don't know much about Lindenwood, but I haven't heard any rumors of them considering a move-up either. It's clear many people on here would prefer those schools over Augie, but unless they announce sometime soon that they're investigating that option, my understanding is that it is extremely unlikely to happen anytime soon. If that's the case, it would seem Augie is a better...or at least a more realistic option...in the time frame that would matter to the Summit League if IPFW (or whatever their acronym is now) were to bounce.
    You clear know more about Augie than I do, but how in the devil could they go D1 without financing it largely on the back of students? That is what I don't follow.

D2 schools have no place in the MVFC. The reason I push for Lindenwood aside from it being in STL a nice metropolitan area, great facilities, already D1 wrestling/women's hockey, and being 3 hours away from WIU is that they will park football in the Pioneer. When they pushed to add Division 1 Sports it was a sign of their long term aspirations. You guys need to understand that the Dakotas just use the mouthpiece of Sanford to push stuff out there that quite frankly is no closer to happening at Augustana as it is any of these other schools. Everyone has two or three guys that want to go D1 but in the Dakotas they have microphones put in front of their face. I want WIU out if Augie is added (travel is no joke). They bring nothing and it would be a sign the league had lost it's way IMO.

UNC is a good add, I don't care about their current facilities. Greeley has grown like a weed' and they could sink tens of millions of dollars into facilities as they see fit. Well over 100k people there now opposed to when things were built.

Add UMKC with baseball and we have a solid league. If XDSU gets a call elsewhere so be it but the rest need to be ready regardless.

Just saw a tweet that could make sense; what if Augie added hockey? That would actually make a ton of sense and could make D1 more viable for them. Discuss. (Assuming non-scholie football.) This is also provided they could work out a deal with the city for the Premier Center.