Page 61 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    I would think we would alienate donors, particularly Sanford who is a major donor, by blocking Augie. Sure, there are the rank and file Yotes that make a lot of smaller donations that oppose adding Augie but Sanford is big money. With regards to politics, Stephanie Herseth Sandlin is the president at Augie. Very politically connected.
    What is the angle Kelby is playing? That is part I am not following. Why is this in Sanford's interest? (Hell, I work at the mother ship.) Augie is a very small fish; is Herseth-Sandlin working something in the background to help Sanford?

It makes no sense travel wise to add Augie. Teams come in Thursday & Saturday to play NDSU/UND or SDSU/USD. Travel partners are set. And there's no way eastern SD can support 3 D1 schools. I mean they could but at the cost of each of them. It would really hinder growth when they're all fighting over the same dollars and students.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Just dont invite them if it happens.
    But thats the midwest thing to do now

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    It makes no sense travel wise to add Augie. Teams come in Thursday & Saturday to play NDSU/UND or SDSU/USD. Travel partners are set. And there's no way eastern SD can support 3 D1 schools. I mean they could but at the cost of each of them. It would really hinder growth when they're all fighting over the same dollars and students.
    I could 2 shits if it waters down South Dakota. Thats their problem. And with or without an extra travel partner, it's still a bus trip to 5 schools and a direct flight for Denver. They may need to look at a scheduling format change but the reality is, this is a Dakota dominated league now. I'm not necessarily saying we want them either

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

In the words of Peyton Manning, "Omaha."
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

A good show today on Bison 1660.
    Augie talk (Sanford CEO) ,Chris Board, XFL Commissioner, and new Bison WR coach Ray
    https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...rs-june-8-2018

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Add Augie. I think the new conference should be called the North Central Conference, I think it has a nice ring to it. Can't wait until we all play football in the Summit.

So add st cloud st. Problem solved

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This will be so watered down..... ugh... Add UMKC and University of Northern Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Add Augie. I think the new conference should be called the North Central Conference, I think it has a nice ring to it. Can't wait until we all play football in the Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    So add st cloud st. Problem solved
    That would suck big time

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    This will be so watered down..... ugh... Add UMKC and University of Northern Colorado

If we add Augustana, we sure as hell better add 2 other schools outside of the footprint to protect Denver and Oral Roberts. UMKC is a no brainer. Problem is UNC isnt quality enough for the MVFC and they would never join without football.

Fort Wayne is unofficially officially gone and I cant imagine Western Illinois is all that happy either