Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'm trying to find out if an Augustana move is a real thing, or has it taken on a life of its own in various discussion boards. I don't if you live in SF or have any current connections to the campus, but is there much of a buzz about this? Are students clamoring for it? What's the take on this from the Augustana fan's perspective?
    Matt Zimmer from the Argus Leader and KWSN Sioux Falls sports talk radio are both basically saying it is only a matter of when not if they are going DI. The rumor is there is a major booster (Sanford) willing to put up a large sum of money (100-150 mil) for an endowment. Augie recently hired an new president, a politician, former congresswoman Stephanie Herseth Sandlin, and their AD resigned last winter for "family reasons", new AD has fund raising and DI experience. Pres SHS was on KWSN this afternoon and said they are studying where they fit best and haven't spoken to the Summit League, they have studied it in the past and the report said DII is where they belong, now they have a new pres and AD. John Gaskins from KWSN reported after this years SLT that he had an "unofficial" conversation with Douple and he said he had no conversations with anyone from Augie, Gaskins then asked him if he spoke to any boosters and Douple implied yes he has had a conversation with boosters. My take is money in Sioux Falls wants a DI Augie and they are putting people in place to make it happen. If Augie is going to the Summit League NDSU and SDSU both should partner up once again and push for an FBS conference, I really don't want anything to do with a DI Augie.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Alot. Has kept all of our programs from the chopping block and increased funding at the same time. He was also the first one on the FCS level to implement the COA for all sports.
    I couldn't agree more. Look at all of the colleges and programs that are deficit funded, cutting sports, and can't fund support positions for their sports. It means a lot to be in the black and have strong athletic programs like NDSU has. Larson isn't riding anybody's coattails, he's the general in charge and has been around now for awhile. And NDSU still has baseball and golf!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Look at all of the colleges and programs that are deficit funded, cutting sports, and can't fund support positions for their sports. It means a lot to be in the black and have strong athletic programs like NDSU has. Larson isn't riding anybody's coattails, he's the general in charge and has been around now for awhile. And NDSU still has baseball and golf!!
    In the black has a lot to do with football and great fans. Larson is a status quo play it safe guy. He couldn't hold Gene Taylor's jock strap.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    In the black has a lot to do with football and great fans. Larson is a status quo play it safe guy. He couldn't hold Gene Taylor's jock strap.
    What has he done wrong? What has he done that gene didn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What has he done wrong? What has he done that gene didn’t?
    Agreed, what is the guy supposed to do? Just start firing coaches so he can make a name for himself?

I think Larsen has done a good job on facilities, softball finally got some big upgrades and he has his eyes on an IPF down the road for football. People are mad about WBB but he was handed a dumpster fire and a young coach with a stupid contract.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Agreed, what is the guy supposed to do? Just start firing coaches so he can make a name for himself?

I think Larsen has done a good job on facilities, softball finally got some big upgrades and he has his eyes on an IPF down the road for football. People are mad about WBB but he was handed a dumpster fire and a young coach with a stupid contract.
    And MBB. That's a real thing for some of us.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

MBB is not a real thing to me, one down year by the coaches and team doesn't make it a dumpster fire. I'll take the NDSU men's basketball program during the last four years over any other Summit team except one. Next year is a new year, if we're down for a second year, then maybe it'll be a real thing. But for now the majority of fans are satisfied with the program. As far as Larson goes he operates and maintains a successful athletic department, both on and off the field, and without a doubt is one of the top programs in the Summit/MVFC.

I'm not happy about MBB either but it is a bit different of a situation since Richman has actually had success, just as long as he doesn't hand out a dumb extension I can live with giving him a year to sink or swim.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Football realistically breaks even at best and Gene Taylor wasn't planning to take NDSU FBS as he stated himself that the second tier of football was the best place for the program. So please, stop making Matt the scapegoat for your personally misery. There is no Athletic Director out there that can make NDSU into an Alabama.

We're a mid-major school based in a low-populated state that hates spending money on higher education that kicks arse in football and sees success most of the time with Men's basketball. Most schools in any state at any level would love to love to be able to have similar success in the two most important collegiate sports as we do. How you see no enjoyment in this is sad.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Football realistically breaks even at best and Gene Taylor wasn't planning to take NDSU FBS as he stated himself that the second tier of football was the best place for the program. So please, stop making Matt the scapegoat for your personally misery. There is no Athletic Director out there that can make NDSU into an Alabama.

We're a mid-major school based in a low-populated state that hates spending money on higher education that kicks arse in football and sees success most of the time with Men's basketball. Most schools in any state at any level would love to love to be able to have similar success in the two most important collegiate sports as we do. How you see no enjoyment in this is sad.
    Matt had had nothing to do with any of the past or present success. All sports doing great were doing great 5 years ago. Wrestling, basketball and volleyball are going down or continue to be there. You got your nose so far up those in powers ass you can't see straight.