Page 51 of 169 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    if Augie joins the Summit Larson better be looking for a way out, this would really suck
    What other options does that summit have when many of the teams will bolt at the first girl who smiles at them? The MVC or Horizon would want nothing to do with us without a travel partner and sdsu has a golden spoon with the conference championship. Fort Wayne will inevitably leave. Their possible replacement UMKC actually left the Summit for the WAC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    What other options does that summit have when many of the teams will bolt at the first girl who smiles at them? The MVC or Horizon would want nothing to do with us without a travel partner and sdsu has a golden spoon with the conference championship. Fort Wayne will inevitably leave. Their possible replacement UMKC actually left the Summit for the WAC
    UMKC would come back, the WAC hasn't worked out.

Augie makes UMKC look like Duke. The league needs to just add them and be done with it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

Augie makes UMKC look like Duke. The league needs to just add them and be done with it.
    Agree, I'm just thinking if they wanted to come back it would have happened by now. I'm just not excited about the idea Auge at all. Don't want a bus league. I think for this conference to remain interesting it needs a north/south or east/west type footprint with teams like New Mexico State, Grand Canyon, or Seattle. Having a bunch of bus trips to UND/NDSU/USD/SDSU could offset the cost of traveling

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Don't want Auggie, but I would take them if we got NMSU or something along with them. Maybe.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Don't want Auggie, but I would take them if we got NMSU or something along with them. Maybe.
    The positive of that is it would stabilize the conference and save travel money while giving us a chance to get some interesting teams like New Mexico State. Augies not like adding a rival like the Fhawkers but at least it could be good for attendance. Pretty easy trip for 5 schools. I would much rather pay to see New Mexico State

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Augie brings nothing to the table IMO, Summit better be going after bigger fish

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post

I disagree, Augie would be better then bringing back UMKC. Plus they have baseball. Only thing UMKC brings is the KC market which doesn't really follow UMKC anyway. Not to mention UMKC would be looking to jump ship again when the next opportunity rolls around.

Such as?

I'd take NMSU in a second but that seems like a pipe dream. GC would be nice too but again probably not happening.

At least Augie is going to have an AD who wants to grow their programs. What has ML done at NDSU?

They bring a stable footprint and easy travel for NDSU, UND, SDSU, USD, and Omaha. Big money saved.

On the flip side, the more Dakota schools that come on board, the less attractive we would be to other teams.

Also the odd number of Dakota teams isn't great for travel partners for the WIUs and ORUs of the world but I suppose Augustana or one of the SD schools could partner up with Omaha.

For attendance it would be great for all the Dakota schools but terrible for the other schools. In their mind, who the hell is Augustana? Me personally they make me yawn

For the Conference Tournament it would be great. More SD fans buying up the tickets could cut into SDSUs home court a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Such as?

I'd take NMSU in a second but that seems like a pipe dream. GC would be nice too but again probably not happening.
    Me too. UMKC would be the best bet for the overall conference though. But I would love to see New Mexico State