Page 5 of 169 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Hmf. I thought that, like the Maya, there were still a few left in Mexico, but Wikipedia says not, so I guess I learned *something* today.
    There are plenty left, we call them mexicans. What do you get when you cross a spaniard and an aztec? A mexican.
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

NKU going to the A-Sun. Probably figure that it's more of a fit for recruiting, geography (if not necessarily travel), less competition.

UALR?

Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

UALR?
    Nope, they'd join the Southland(if they had to leave the Sun Belt) because the Summit makes no sense for them with ORU gone.

MN State, SCSU or Bellarmine would be the candidates.

MN State and SCSU would be good additions if they drop football ala UNO- !
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is what it has come down to, mn state or st . cloud? Sad. I know we don't have many options but still.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler_of_the_north View Post
    This is what it has come down to, mn state or st . cloud? Sad. I know we don't have many options but still.
    Let's get that damn SHAC built and move to the Missouri Valley.
    "Jfufhr dhuis msdjdi asdj."
    - Lou Holtz

Quote Originally Posted by TheBisonator View Post
    Let's get that damn SHAC built and move to the Missouri Valley.
    Ain't gonna happen. You're heck and gone from Creighton & UNI, and they're the closest schools to Fargo.

Might as well make the best with what you've got. Neither NDSU nor SDSU are getting a sniff at the MVC unless its membership alters dramatically.

Ain't gonna happen. You're heck and gone from Creighton & UNI, and they're the closest schools to Fargo.

Might as well make the best with what you've got. Neither NDSU nor SDSU are getting a sniff at the MVC unless its membership alters dramatically.
    Assassinate other schools. Problem solved. (I've been playing alot of sid meier games lately)
    National Champions: '65 '68 '69 '83 '85 '86 '88 '90 '11 '12 '13 '14 '15 '17 '18 '19 '21

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Nope, they'd join the Southland(if they had to leave the Sun Belt) because the Summit makes no sense for them with ORU gone.

MN State, SCSU or Bellarmine would be the candidates.
    They may get elbowed out of the Sun Belt. If they do, I'm sure they'd prefer the Southland, but the Southland may not be interested in adding a 13th or possibly 14th school, depending on what happens with the University of Northern Alabama.

And I don't want Mankato or St. Cloud State going D-1 and neither should you or any other NDSU fan, that's one more school to recruit against. Bellarmine only has 3200 students. That's not much more than ORU, but I don't imagine that they'd have ORU's commitment to a strong athletic program.

Frankly, there aren't many good alternatives here. Short of poaching Eastern Illinois (which would require coordination with the MVFC), it's an outlier or a transitioning D1 team.