Page 4 of 169 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by coldspot View Post
    Star2city, is that you?
    Nope. I'm just anal about some things that, in the big scheme of things, don't much matter.

Still, the overall travel partner arrangement does contain less than optimal pairings in order to make the whole thing work properly.

Maybe NDSU would consider moving to Watertown (warmer weather!), and WIU could move to Hannibal, MO (Mark Twain's birthplace!!).

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Maybe NDSU would consider moving to Watertown (warmer weather!), and WIU could move to Hannibal, MO (Mark Twain's birthplace!!).
    Counter proposal: SDSU should move to San Diego to lessen confusion among national media types. You could then consider jumping to the Big Sky and becoming UND's travel partner.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

What's ironic about all that is:

USD is closer to SDSU than it is to UNO, SDSU is closer to USD than it is to NDSU, and UMKC is closer to UNO than it is to WIU,

you've got SDSU & USD @ 100 miles apart, not travel partners and UNO to UMKC @ 188 miles, not travel partners.

Instead you get NDSU & SDSU @ 190 miles and UMKC to WIU @ 290 miles.

My solution? Kick NDSU and WIU out of the league to simplify logistics.
    Yeah then SDSU might have a shot to win the Conference
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Yeah then SDSU might have a shot to win the Conference
    Yeah. I guess I forgot to congratulate NDSU for winning the Commissioner's Cup last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Counter proposal: SDSU should move to San Diego to lessen confusion among national media types. You could then consider jumping to the Big Sky and becoming UND's travel partner.
    The SDSU-SDSU merger... Scary part? Another Native American nickname to fight over (the Aztecs, and how, by the way did that one slip below the NCAA radar?)

However, last I heard, Doug Fullerton was talking to the Puerto Rico-Bayamon Cowboys about moving up to D-1 and joining the Big Sky conference in order to make UND look comparatively close to the rest of the Big Sky schools.

The SDSU-SDSU merger... Scary part? Another Native American nickname to fight over (the Aztecs, and how, by the way did that one slip below the NCAA radar?)However, last I heard, Doug Fullerton was talking to the Puerto Rico-Bayamon Cowboys about moving up to D-1 and joining the Big Sky conference in order to make UND look comparatively close to the rest of the Big Sky schools.
    San Diego State was allowed to keep its "Aztecs" nickname because Aztecs were Mexican, not American,
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    San Diego State was allowed to keep its "Aztecs" nickname because Aztecs were Mexican, not American,
    Well, that, and nobody is using the name seeing as how they are extinct as a culture (kind of like the Vikings.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, that, and nobody is using the name seeing as how they are extinct as a culture (kind of like the Vikings.)
    So UND could go with "Mongols" and be good to go!
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Hmf. I thought that, like the Maya, there were still a few left in Mexico, but Wikipedia says not, so I guess I learned *something* today.

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    So UND could go with "Mongols" and be good to go!
    It's actually kind of a neat mascot, but I do see some problems for UND if they use this.

Let's work this one out to it's logical conclusion:

Mongols...Mongoloids....Mongs....Window Lickers
    And it can only get worse from there.