Page 38 of 170 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We need teams thst add to the conference. I could care less if they have a trillion dollar endowment. What does that bring to the conference and athletics.

They also average between 600 and 900 fans per game. They dont care about athletics. (Yeah thats kind of a broad statement but serious... we need teams that add something other than embarresing crowds on espn3.) Might as well have the Dragons move up and join the Summit. I bet they draw as much and they are a bus trip and about as many people know what their acronym stands for.

Could care less about the Indiana's academics just like I care less about UND and their wanna be elitism
    The only schools we can add are UMKC, UND, Chicago State or a perhaps a D2 school.

Like I said before, if you want to be in a conference with bigger and better schools...you need to find a new one. The Summit is what it is.

The only way the conference is going to improve is from within.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 03-23-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

IUPUI is a very good school but largely a commuter campus. Until recently they were traditionally noon-traditional students with very little campus housing. They are working to change that. Most of their students are fans of IU or Purdue but going to the Indy campus so they can live at home and save money. Alumni also support the school where they got their degree (you get an IU or Purdue degree not an IUPUI degree).I don't see them ever building the school or program to a point where they draw large crowds. I think they belong in the Summit or Horizon but we could benefit greatly by moving up.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Umm ok..... Now you know what other mvc teams think when asked about NDSU joining as a full member

Sent from your moms using Tapatalk
    well, let's see what they think in 5 years when we have new facilities, sell out every game, and have made the dance 6 or 7 times in our short d1 hisoty and eventually sneak into the sweet 16 and start to build a household name. If UNI can do it, we can do it.

I still have hope for iupui with the new stadium so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but they have to actually build something and create an atmosphere

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Sometimes when you're at the bottom of a hole it's best to put down the shovel.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    I think the bot has been infected with spyware...
    Your right.
    The 2 Indiana schools that draw 600 and 900 respectively really bring a lot to the conference. Everyone wants to play in front of a big college atmosphere like that. I mean that's slightly more than most high school teams. Screw New Mexico State. I have no interest in adding teams that bring drawing power, I want teams with big endowments and NBA alumni. Were small time and belong with small teams. No bigger conference wants us. We've never been successful and have terrible facilities and don't draw. We could never be as good as Northern Iowa. It's an elite city with vastly superior facilities than we will ever have

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Sometimes when you're at the bottom of a hole it's best to put down the shovel.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    #1: I've never even come close to reaching the bottom.....
    and
    #2: If yer using a shovel........yer doing it wrong.
    ..................what?.......................he wasn't?......................but he's such a peep freak.....................oh yeah, that would be SAV.................never mind.

Your right.
    The 2 Indiana schools that draw 600 and 900 respectively really bring a lot to the conference. Everyone wants to play in front of a big college atmosphere like that. I mean that's slightly more than most high school teams. Screw New Mexico State. I have no interest in adding teams that bring drawing power, I want teams with big endowments and NBA alumni. Were small time and belong with small teams. No bigger conference wants us. We've never been successful and have terrible facilities and don't draw. We could never be as good as Northern Iowa. It's an elite city with vastly superior facilities than we will ever have
    Being uni is going to be tough in the Summit, New Mexico St isn't going to improve our league to where we can get a 5 seed
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Your right.
    You're right. When I think of big time mid-major basketball, I think of New Mexico State

BRING BACK SNORTY

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    You're right. When I think of big time mid-major basketball, I think of New Mexico State
    New Mexico State. averages around 6k per game.

NCAA Tournament Final Four
    NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
    1952, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1992
    NCAA Tournament appearances
    1952, 1959, 1960, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1979, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Conference tournament champions
    Big West: 1992, 1994, 1999[2]
    WAC: 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
    Conference regular season champions
    Border: 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1952, 1959, 1960
    Missouri Valley: 1977
    Big West: 1990, 1993, 1994, 1997*, 1999[2]
    WAC: 2008, 2015
    Conference division season champions
    Big West East: 1997, 1999[2]
    Sun Belt West: 2002[3]

MVC fans on the conference board are ok with UAB

They knock even the mere notion of NDSU or SDSU due to distance yet they are fine with Birmingham Al

13 hours from Cedar Falls in perfect driving, that's really close 12 hours from Wichita

I wonder if WSU gets interest from elelsewhere wwith their success? They don't have FB so it limits where they could go I guess
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant