Page 35 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Rumors of IPFW to the Horizon
    Rumors of UAB to the MVC
    Rumors of UMKC back to the Summit

What do you suppose this year will bring in conference changes?

Who should the Summit be trying to target, or better yet would possibly join
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

If ipfw goes would they please take teh ooeypooey?
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Rumors of UAB to the MVC

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    If ipfw goes would they please take teh ooeypooey?
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    Not really a fan of this hope they stay
    "We All From Africa"

Rumors of UAB to the MVC

You know if IPFW leaves, IUPUI would be gone in a heart beat. So we need to make plans.

I would want New Mexico State. Bad geographic fit but it's an exciting name.

UMKC is a weak program but we need numbers and fill a need.

Other options? Chicago State or, ugh, UN_. The undies bring conference stability in numbers, good rivals with USD, SDSU, and NDSU, and a travel partner. Attendance would go up with rivals.

Chicago State is terrible but would be a good geographic rival for WIU.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Not really a fan of this hope they stay

Me too but don't want one without the other.
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You know if IPFW leaves, IUPUI would be gone in a heart beat. So we need to make plans.

I would want New Mexico State. Bad geographic fit but it's an exciting name.

UMKC is a weak program but we need numbers and fill a need.

Other options? Chicago State or, ugh, UN_. The undies bring conference stability in numbers, good rivals with USD, SDSU, and NDSU, and a travel partner. Attendance would go up with rivals.

Chicago State is terrible but would be a good geographic rival for WIU.
    New Mexico st is exciting? I guess I don't think they would be a good fit except for Denver
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

New Mexico st is exciting? I guess I don't think they would be a good fit except for Denver

NMSU? My opinion? Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Geographic fit < zero. Absolutely terrible.

I doubt NMSU would want to join.

Travel is easy for Denver, they can fly easily into and out of Summit cities. That doesn't really work the same way for NMSU.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I doubt NMSU would want to join.

Travel is easy for Denver, they can fly easily into and out of Summit cities. That doesn't really work the same way for NMSU.

Yep. Get a map and a flight schedule if you think location isn't a problem. Same problem for NDSU if you're thinking the mvc is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    NMSU? My opinion? Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. Geographic fit < zero. Absolutely terrible.
    Fair point, but are the 2 Indiana schools much better for travel ? What about the Big Fluffy? Bus trips are for D2. (OK that was kind of lame but how many D1 Conferences bus to all their games?)

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com