Page 33 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Would I love an invite to the MVC and its conversion to an all-sports conference? You betcha. Do I have any belief left that it could happen? Not a hope in the world. The only hope was for three private schools to get poached during the last round of conference realignments and for that loss to massively change the balance of power within the MVC. But only one school was poached, and that allowed the balance to be maintained. The MVC is a no-go. (hate typing that)
    Because of the lack of poached teams, would you say our chances of getting into the MVC are fried or scrambled? Go (over) easy on me.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope this comes to fruition. As much as I would love for NDSU to be in the MVC, ain't happening anytime soon. Need a "stable" summit. Last thing I would like to see is us in a stupid fat Big Fluff.

MN_BISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonbuddy View Post
    I thought the only thing that gave -arell a hard-on was a sioux jersey.
    That and fat chicks in yoga pants.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_BISON View Post
    That and fat chicks in yoga pants.
    roberta port?

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Because of the lack of poached teams, would you say our chances of getting into the MVC are fried or scrambled? Go (over) easy on me.
    As much as I'd like to believe in the sunny side up, I think the Devil's in the details and you'd have to be a hard-boiled optimist to think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    As much as I'd like to believe in the sunny side up, I think the Devil's in the details and you'd have to be a hard-boiled optimist to think differently.
    Now that was really good, and omelet you finish, but _arrell is one of the most inane posters of all time.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I did not realize that the Summit attendance last year was 40.8% higher than Southland's (2080 to 1477), and I can see the Summit improving on that this year. No wonder ORU wants out. That said, location-wise ORU makes no sense. 700 miles from Denver even.

NMSU is also an outlier...by a long shot. Like 700 miles from Denver and 800 from Tulsa. I don't see the Summit wanting to go to a North/South format or anything.

I expect if there is interest, it's for teams like Northern Colorado (who just won at Big 12 reigning champ K-State), North Dakota, and Kansas City.
    new mexico state is going to sunbelt for football next year. i imagine they would do the same for bball at some point too. theyre a decent bball program so somebody will want them. if ORU wants back we gladly accept them. As for UMKC, you snooze you lose.

Who could it be?

Non-football schools
    Little Rock
    ORU
    UMKC

Football schools
    NMSU
    XND
    UNC
    EIU
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Who could it be?

Non-football schools
    Little Rock
    ORU
    UMKC

Football schools
    NMSU
    XND
    UNC
    EIU
    That's the list all right. Maybe add some DII move ups for the sake of completion. Possibly NKU as a long shot as well.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't understand the MVC fetish.