Page 32 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I checked out the ORU board and somebody over there said there might be mutual interest and that UMKC might come back as well....

http://forum.orusports.com/index.php...t-fan/?p=94377
    UMKC would be interesting. The WAC made a handful of concessions when they joined (paid Summit exit fee, waived WAC entrance fee and moved basketball tourney to KC).

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I checked out the ORU board and somebody over there said there might be mutual interest and that UMKC might come back as well....

http://forum.orusports.com/index.php...t-fan/?p=94377

Oh boy would that upset Darell something fierce. He has had a hard-on for a year or two about Summit issues.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Oh boy would that upset Darell something fierce. He has had a hard-on for a year or two about Summit issues.
    Don't forget about Star2...er, SiouxVolley...
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I did not realize that the Summit attendance last year was 40.8% higher than Southland's (2080 to 1477), and I can see the Summit improving on that this year. No wonder ORU wants out. That said, location-wise ORU makes no sense. 700 miles from Denver even.

NMSU is also an outlier...by a long shot. Like 700 miles from Denver and 800 from Tulsa. I don't see the Summit wanting to go to a North/South format or anything.

I expect if there is interest, it's for teams like Northern Colorado (who just won at Big 12 reigning champ K-State), North Dakota, and Kansas City.

Am I the only one that cares less about the summit and wants the Missouri valley to wake the f up and have an all sports conference?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=DePereBisonFan;789489]I did not realize that the Summit attendance last year was 40.8% higher than Southland's (2080 to 1477), and I can see the Summit improving on that this year. No wonder ORU wants out. That said, location-wise ORU makes no sense. 700 miles from Denver even.

NMSU is also an outlier...by a long shot. Like 700 miles from Denver and 800 from Tulsa. I don't see the Summit wanting to go to a North/South format or anything.

I expect if there is interest, it's for teams like Northern Colorado (who just won at Big 12 reigning champ K-State), North Dakota, and Kansas City.[/QUOTE]

I hope you aren't implying that the first two are actually interested in the Summit. They absolutely aren't.
    UMKC just left and it isn't impossible to believe they could have regrets.

If you are implying th eSummit would be interested in THEM, then I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Am I the only one that cares less about the summit and wants the Missouri valley to wake the f up and have an all sports conference?

Interesting thought. I think we need to see the improved facilities and attendance from ndsu sdsu USD and western Illinois before it would be a possibly

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Interesting thought. I think we need to see the improved facilities and attendance from ndsu sdsu USD and western Illinois before it would be a possibly
    What we really need is for the MVC to see their conference as more than a basketball/baseball conference. Based on the number of non-football schools in the conference, I don't see that happening.

Even the football playing schools in the MVC are basketball schools that just happen to have football teams. Double whammy.

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    I thought the only thing that gave -arell a hard-on was a sioux jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

Would I love an invite to the MVC and its conversion to an all-sports conference? You betcha. Do I have any belief left that it could happen? Not a hope in the world. The only hope was for three private schools to get poached during the last round of conference realignments and for that loss to massively change the balance of power within the MVC. But only one school was poached, and that allowed the balance to be maintained. The MVC is a no-go. (hate typing that)