Page 29 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Cmon, like Sioux Falls is going to say we'll switch weekends with you so you can bid against us for another event. If the event center leaders down there did that they would be strung up by their arms and every business that makes money off the tourney would be allowed to walk by and kick them in the junk.
    That's true. What COULD lead to some sort of negotiation would be if there was a mandate to move it somewhere else on a rotation and there was a perceived benefit. Long shot? Probably.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Excuse my brain cramp, but is there any way to bring UMKC back into the summit? We could sure use them, and their location is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Excuse my brain cramp, but is there any way to bring UMKC back into the summit? We could sure use them, and their location is very good.
    Tough to lose a school to a conference that is supposed to be inferior?

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Cmon, like Sioux Falls is going to say we'll switch weekends with you so you can bid against us for another event.
    Pretty sure Sioux Falls would outbid Fargo. They've got thousands of SDSU fans who treat the Summit Tournament the way Bison fans treat the FCS playoffs.

zooropa is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Good riddance to UMKC. They were a seat-filler in every sport except tennis and golf. And that one year in women's basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa View Post
    Good riddance to UMKC. They were a seat-filler in every sport except tennis and golf. And that one year in women's basketball.
    Conferences need seat fillers. Not every team can win 20 games in basketball. There has to be teams that lose... but there also has to be teams to keep the autobid intact. NDSU fans (and some SDSU fans) have talked about the old NCC. Sure the four Dakota schools and occasionally UNC and UNO were the big leaders of the conference, but they also needed the SCSUs, Mankatos, Augustanas and etc to beat up on and occasionally have a close game against. Even the Big 10, Big 12, SEC and Pac12 have seat fillers in every sport.

Pretty sure Sioux Falls would outbid Fargo. They've got thousands of SDSU fans who treat the Summit Tournament the way Bison fans treat the FCS playoffs.
    I don't know about that, I didn't see that many of your thousands at th Michigan game
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    Conferences need seat fillers. Not every team can win 20 games in basketball. There has to be teams that lose... but there also has to be teams to keep the autobid intact. NDSU fans (and some SDSU fans) have talked about the old NCC. Sure the four Dakota schools and occasionally UNC and UNO were the big leaders of the conference, but they also needed the SCSUs, Mankatos, Augustanas and etc to beat up on and occasionally have a close game against. Even the Big 10, Big 12, SEC and Pac12 have seat fillers in every sport.
    Have a little faith. We've been told that Douple has a LONG LIST of powerhouse D1 programs whose AD is just waiting for an invite.

BTW, IMO, there are still plenty of possible dominos to fall amongst the Eastern Low to Mid Major Conferences. I know that there is an opinion that IUPUI and IPFW aren't coveted by anybody looking to solidify their conference. I'm not convinced that is true but I've got nothing more than a huch telling me that's the case.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Summit cannot currently afford to rid good riddance to anyone. Our baseball is currently dead and we are one more deflection away from inviting NJIT or Chicago St. Both would be worse than the description above.

Yep good riddance to one of the few DI schools that actually fit the footprint we were trying to build. Decent school as well.