Page 165 of 169 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by skunkapekiller View Post
    n iowa?
    drake?
    missery state?
    Do Mo St or UNI think it would be worth it to leave a superior BB conference for the summit? Can drake afford the move?

The summit has to do something, add a school or add a sport. St Thomas could be offered a FB or hockey membership if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Do Mo St or UNI think it would be worth it to leave a superior BB conference for the summit? Can drake afford the move?

The summit has to do something, add a school or add a sport. St Thomas could be offered a FB or hockey membership if needed.
    UNI would drop their football program before they subject their sacred cow of a men's basketball program to slumming in the depths of the Summit League. I suspect Missouri St wouldn't let their football program dictate their conference affiliation unless/until it means going FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    UNI would drop their football program before they subject their sacred cow of a men's basketball program to slumming in the depths of the Summit League. I suspect Missouri St wouldn't let their football program dictate their conference affiliation unless/until it means going FBS.
    So we are stuck with northern Colorado, pioneer league, and D2 teams?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    So we are stuck with northern Colorado, pioneer league, and D2 teams?
    Pretty much. Minnesota State is by far the best fit if they are willing to pony up. I'm not sure Denver is on board with adding Northern Colorado either. If we could add Lindenwood they would be a no brainer. Either way, we have to get out of this conference.
    Last edited by AKBison; 05-31-2023 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Pretty much. Minnesota State is by far the best fit if they are willing to pony up.
    Based on news from SCSU, the MnSCU system is not exactly "cash flush" right now to have a member move to DI.

Minnesota will always feed "Goldie" first, then Duluth, based on starting with "UM" vs ending with "SU" (like SCSU).

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Based on news from SCSU, the MnSCU system is not exactly "cash flush" right now to have a member move to DI.

Minnesota will always feed "Goldie" first, then Duluth, based on starting with "UM" vs ending with "SU" (like SCSU).

St Cloud, just a flat NO. No money.

Mankato would need to cut deep to go DI, and it would be painful. Football would either be a drop or non-scolly at best. They’d have to cut to the minimum 14. But to be relevant, I’m sure they are thinking about it. To be honest, I don’t think they want to have to compete with deep pocketed UST.

Duluth, when I think of the worst places to get to, this town certainly comes to mind not unlike GF. But they would possibly be in the best financial situation of the DII MN’s. I think being a UM vs SU makes it a NO however. The state would more easily swallow a SU.

Imagine the MVC taking ORU:
    - basketball
    - baseball
    - back into Tulsa market
    - dagger to Summit (down to 4 soccer, 5 baseball)

Same would hold for the WAC.

I'm all for the implosion of the summit.. it might be the ONLY WAY TO PROD AND PUSH NDSU ADMIN INTO A FBS CONFERENCE
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm all for the implosion of the summit.. it might be the ONLY WAY TO PROD AND PUSH NDSU ADMIN INTO A FBS CONFERENCE
    You want NDSU to be forced to scramble?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You want NDSU to be forced to scramble?
    Chapo has a plan; he'd ride in on a white horse and present it to StonyB for enactment.