Page 143 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

BigLakeBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Who else needs upgrades in the Summit?
    I can remember Omaha building and Oral Roberts already being nice.
    Does Denver need something? Western Illinois? Kansas City needs something right? Even if they leave for the MVC, the MVC should require that. Are you counting St Thomas as one in need?
    I don’t count El Forko Grande as they will always be El Forko Grande…
    I guess “need” is in the eye of the beholder. The reality is that the SHAC, the renovated Frost and the new USD arena are very nice but they are just average arenas for the upper echelon mid major programs. Hell, look at JMU’s new basketball arena. It’s very nice. The coaching salaries in the summit are far below the the MVC and other higher profile mid major conferences. The Summit is improving but they have a ways to go.

Does Denver need something? Western Illinois? Kansas City needs something right? Even if they leave for the MVC, the MVC should require that. Are you counting St Thomas as one in need?
    UMKC has the ability to play their games at Municipal Auditorium in downtown KC. It's a wonderful, historic arena just blocks from the Power & Light district. But, it's off campus so they've been playing at their on campus Rec center. It's easily the worst arena I've ever watched a basketball game in. I need to look up where the Bison will be playing this year as I'm planning on going.

Edit. UMKC playing their games at Swinney rec center again this season
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I guess “need” is in the eye of the beholder. The reality is that the SHAC, the renovated Frost and the new USD arena are very nice but they are just average arenas for the upper echelon mid major programs. Hell, look at JMU’s new basketball arena. It’s very nice. The coaching salaries in the summit are far below the the MVC and other higher profile mid major conferences. The Summit is improving but they have a ways to go.
    Ndsu screwed the pooch big-time with the sad attempt at the SHAC, sorry its not great
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Can they play in the Ralph or would the puck heads head’s explode? Not that they could fill it so they have the option if there is a need?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    Can they play in the Ralph or would the puck heads head’s explode? Not that they could fill it so they have the option if there is a need?
    They use to play games in there so definitely possible. First time I ever was in the Ralph was for NDSU UND game back in 2001 or 2002 want to say Ralph was brand new...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Interesting comment from Matt BrownEP

https://csnbbs.com/thread-939331.html

“Friends, I'm hearing that St.Thomas, Denver and Omaha aren't the schools the Summit is *really* worried about losing....”

He seems well connected. I wonder what he means

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

“Friends, I'm hearing that St.Thomas, Denver and Omaha aren't the schools the Summit is *really* worried about losing....”

You'd think it would be UMKC but the plural on "school" and emphasis on "really" puts an interesting spin on that.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    You'd think it would be UMKC but the plural on "school" and emphasis on "really" puts an interesting spin on that.
    IF it is the XDSU's he is talking about there is a big difference between being concerned they MIGHT leave someday because they are the cornerstone of the league and knowing they are on the verge of leaving.

I guess I can read his comment either way. But it is just as likely that the schools that would be most damaging to the Summit if they left would be the XDSU's

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I really doubt a conference that is about to offer the xDSUs is going to contact the Summit Commissioner to see what he thinks about it. It's no secret we could go somewhere else and that losing both might be a death blow to the Summit. I see it as a good thing the Summit acknowledges this and wants to make the league attractive enough to keep us.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I really doubt a conference that is about to offer the xDSUs is going to contact the Summit Commissioner to see what he thinks about it. It's no secret we could go somewhere else and that losing both might be a death blow to the Summit. I see it as a good thing the Summit acknowledges this and wants to make the league attractive enough to keep us.
    Of course not. Nobody said that. But if I’m coming in as a new commish, I’m sure as hell going to check in with the best schools in my new conference to get a sense of what they want and what their ambitions are (e.g. FBS).

But I thought you said there were no FBS options for NDSU, and now "it’s no secret we could go somewhere else"? Maybe that was daddy daycare. I get you two confused …

Only place NDSU would go is FBS