Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

i wanna be in the MVC > summit. argh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Once again proving that TV market is apparently all that matters.
    To a point, but I think you are understating the recruiting angle appeal that comes along with those big "TV markets", which coincidentally also tend to be much more fertile recruiting grounds.
    They are a lot easier to go into when you're already playing there and then when you can sell the thought of playing "back home" a couple times through your career, it is just another arrow in the quiver. Being able to into Chicago, Kansas City and Dallas-Fort Worth carries some weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The private schools are going to run that conference into the ground. They want markets to build their enrollment, nobody in KC knows UMKC exists.
    This. Honesty, the Summit can pass the Valley in time. It's going to take awhile for the brand to catch up, but in terms of results it can easily happen.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This. Honesty, the Summit can pass the Valley in time. It's going to take awhile for the brand to catch up, but in terms of results it can easily happen.
    The MVC brand will be trash if they add UMKC, UIC and UT-Arlington. All three are commuter schools. No athletic following at all. Seriously, people will lose all respect for the MVC if they add these schools... which, if we are going to stay in the Summit, is fine with me.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Once again proving that TV market is apparently all that matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Makes me wonder if anyone is actually capable of any thought beyond just the most basic, surface view. Few in KC actually watch or care about UMKC.
    Good riddance and the Summit League is on it's way to becoming better than the MVC. UMKC is about a relevant in Kansas City as Minnesota State Community & Technical College is in the Fargo-Moorhead market

It's to the point now where if the MVC offered, I would say no and laugh.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    To a point, but I think you are understating the recruiting angle appeal that comes along with those big "TV markets", which coincidentally also tend to be much more fertile recruiting grounds.
    They are a lot easier to go into when you're already playing there and then when you can sell the thought of playing "back home" a couple times through your career, it is just another arrow in the quiver. Being able to into Chicago, Kansas City and Dallas-Fort Worth carries some weight.
    I bet this is a huge factor. It's also why NDSU probably would prefer the MAC over the MEC if they had a choice. It's closer to their recruiting footprint. If the Bison joined MWC they could still recruit Minnesota but probably have a harder time recruiting Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska. They would have to shift to Colorado, Washington, California, etc. Could be done but need to establish new connections.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

With Loyola Chicago leaving the MVC for the Atlantic 10, I’m hoping that helps the Summit League keep St Thomas in the conference. Perhaps the MVC will be less tempting without a fellow Catholic University, right down the road in Chicago, in the conference.
    If the MVC picks up those other schools, so be it……

Does any of this make Northern Iowa more poachable???

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I bet this is a huge factor. It's also why NDSU probably would prefer the MAC over the MEC if they had a choice. It's closer to their recruiting footprint. If the Bison joined MWC they could still recruit Minnesota but probably have a harder time recruiting Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska. They would have to shift to Colorado, Washington, California, etc. Could be done but need to establish new connections.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I agree with the reasoning of wanting to have your conference footprint be in your recruiting footprint but is NDSU really playing games in Wisconsin, Nebraska and Iowa that often now? Yet they are recruiting within those states.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    With Loyola Chicago leaving the MVC for the Atlantic 10, I’m hoping that helps the Summit League keep St Thomas in the conference. Perhaps the MVC will be less tempting without a fellow Catholic University, right down the road in Chicago, in the conference.
    If the MVC picks up those other schools, so be it……

Does any of this make Northern Iowa more poachable???
    Considering they might go to 14 with this expansion, UST might be in the Summit until the MVC loses another team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    summit league 23rd ranked BB conference > D1 hockey. bahahaha
    Idk how this is amusing. I would hope a Division 1 athletics conference is a better job than a single sport conference.
    College of Business Alumnus