Page 109 of 169 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The rest of the MVFC could look at NDSU and SDSU the same way the miac looked at St Thomas. Just a thought. Or they could love how were taking the conference to the next level
    Good point. It's certainly not without significant risk, but I have to think UNI would have a really tough decision to make.

So, is U of Saint Thomas dropping football then?

St Thomas will have to drop hockey or keep it D3 That should of been 1 of the stipulations of the Summit Presidents if they had any balls.... which they don't.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    over ex ndsu coach glen caruso's dead body!

Pioneer league for sure.. but I'm hearing they want in the MVFC after they have seen we allowed und to join.. they are like.. psh if you have them, might as well have us!

What fantastic news for the SL! The people in Macomb are thrilled to see the addition of St Thomas. Even with a jump from D3 they clearly have the resources and market to be in a D1 conference. They're only 6 hours away from Western which is a comfortable bus ride. This is a school that we hope appeases some of the needs/wants of Denver/ORU and helps with numbers in specific sports. Again, to be clear Western is thrilled.

Auggie would be fine but nobody is excited like they were for St Thomas. They check most boxes, plus in this day and age you have to have a big money backer like Sanford. I guess that's the give-and-take. Western (plus other outliers) would have never allowed Auggie before other schools that were a better fit were added. Now there is a better chance for support.

As for football. Western will never leave the Missouri Valley schools to start football with the Dakota schools. Western's strongest rivalries are with the MVC schools. That is the key reason Western holds out in the SL. When the Missouri Valley was started Western got an invite but had a great situation at the time. Everyone wishes they had a redo but they don't so the last connection to them is the Gateway which was bastardized into the MVFC.

People have been very vocal about their criticism of Western lately. Much of it's deserved but it's getting to be goofy. The new interim president is highly competent. Legalized marijuana will help enrollment. We don't cheat and usually have quality student-athletes. See ya in friendly competitions.

Cheers

PS, thanks to anyone who helped me with ticket exchanges and recommendations on places to go in Fargo. I'll be taking my talents overseas soon but I'll still check in.

NCAA still has to approve the whole bypassing D2 first, but I cant imagine they won't

As far as SL FB...no thanks unless the State schools of the MVC what to leave the privates that are ruining that conference.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

St Thomas Confirmed to Pioneer League for Football.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    St Thomas will have to drop hockey or keep it D3 That should of been 1 of the stipulations of the Summit Presidents if they had any balls.... which they don't.
    Are you allowed to stay in division 3 hockey if the rest of your program is division 1? That is a major question not being answered.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Pioneer League

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are you allowed to stay in division 3 hockey if the rest of your program is division 1? That is a major question not being answered.
    no they cannot. my UST alum family/friends are saying they'll drop it or have it be Club. Having a shot at Big Dance far outweighs a hockey program.