Page 107 of 169 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hell ya! with Joe we wouldve been in the Mountain West in 2013
    Your'e killing me Lakes.

Well, it happened. UST to Summit.

What do you think?

I think it's good and solidifies the conference membership a bit.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Well, it happened. UST to Summit.

What do you think?

I think it's good and solidifies the conference membership a bit.
    It sure beats Augustana.

I Told ya!!

NDSU NEEDS TO LEAVE ASAP TO MOUNTAIN WEST.

THIS IS A JOKE. BAD ENOUGH UND IS IN NOW. AUGIE WILL BE NEXT.

NCC 2.0 OR NSIC 2.0 basically
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I Told ya!!

NDSU NEEDS TO LEAVE ASAP TO MOUNTAIN WEST.

THIS IS A JOKE. BAD ENOUGH UND IS IN NOW. AUGIE WILL BE NEXT.

NCC 2.0 OR NSIC 2.0 basically
    So you want the travel budget und had to deal with in the big sky? Mt west teams are far away. Also, and I dont know how you don’t understand this. You have to be invited to join the conference. The Mt West does not want NDSU, plain and simple. Too far east, no big media market. Quit dreaming
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

It they really plan to go full scholly FCS that's 6 football playing schools in the Summit League now....

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It they really plan to go full scholly FCS that's 6 football playing schools in the Summit League now....
    If they do are you saying it is time for the Summit to sponsor Football?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    So you want the travel budget und had to deal with in the big sky? Mt west teams are far away. Also, and I dont know how you don’t understand this. You have to be invited to join the conference. The Mt West does not want NDSU, plain and simple. Too far east, no big media market. Quit dreaming
    I know we need to an invite. BRESCIANI & LARSON HAVENT EVEN SOLICITED TO CALLED THE MOUNTAIN WEST. YOU GOTTA DO THE DANCE & PONY SHOW FIRST
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This is so good for the conference footprint and finances. Literally it went from an unstable conference covering 3 time zones to 6 bus trips and some solid rivals. Now we're in the Minneapolis market

NDSU
    SDSU
    UND
    USD
    ST THOMAS
    OMAHA
    DENVER
    UMKC
    Oral Roberts
    Western Illinois

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    If they do are you saying it is time for the Summit to sponsor Football?
    It's not the craziest idea given I think the Summit League is in danger of losing autobids in all sports with Fort Wayne's departure bumping baseball down to 5 teams and in danger of losing the NCAA autobid.

I postulated on AGS the a few weeks back the possibility of an "amicable breakup" of the MVFC if the Summit adds another football school. The 6 Summit League schools form their own football conference as do the 5 MVC schools with YSU as an affiliate member. Then the conferences have an alliance per se where they will schedule 3 games against teams from the other conference for each school each season. So a typical 11 game season would be 5 true conference games, 3 pre-scheduled OOC games against schools from the old conference, and the 3 true OOC games.

EDIT: I guess St Thomas does play baseball now so assuming they add scholarship to play D1 baseball that might make it a moot point in terms of losing that baseball autobid anyway.