Page 93 of 169 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

1st und, now umkc, maybe augie.

when the HELL does NDSU get out of this disgust. ick.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    1st und, now umkc, maybe augie.

when the HELL does NDSU get out of this disgust. ick.
    A stable conference affiliation.

I would rather see UMKC than another team from the Dakotas or Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I would rather see UMKC than another team from the Dakotas or Minnesota
    I really hope they don't add Augie now. 10 is a good number. If Fort Wayne were to leave then maybe Augie would be an option but with 10 schools they can go back to having travel partners so we can have a Thursday/Saturday weekly schedule for conference basketball games (and Friday/Sunday for the women).

NDSU/UND
    SDSU/USD
    Omaha/UMKC
    ORU/Denver
    WIU/Fort Wayne

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    A stable conference affiliation.
    That would be nice.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I really hope they don't add Augie now. 10 is a good number. If Fort Wayne were to leave then maybe Augie would be an option but with 10 schools they can go back to having travel partners so we can have a Thursday/Saturday weekly schedule for conference basketball games (and Friday/Sunday for the women).

NDSU/UND
    SDSU/USD
    Omaha/UMKC
    ORU/Denver
    WIU/Fort Wayne
    Someone has to want to add FW, and then IF they leave maybe Augie is targeted, I still would like to see them at least make a run at NMSU, but that ship has probably sailed in the Summit offices

NDSU/UND
    SDSU/USD
    Omaha/UMKC
    ORU/Denver
    WIU/Fort Wayne
    Along with the possibility of Fort Wayne leaving, you also have to consider the fact that about once every two months another news article comes out about how horribly the Illinois schools are hemorrhaging money and the dire straits Western Illinois is in when it comes to their budget, both athletically and institutionally as a whole. So if you lose both Fort Wayne and WIU in the next five years, I would imagine the Summit would welcome Augie with open arms. Or maybe the pride that comes with not wanting to add another D2 school means Summit fans/admins would rather lose auto-bids and all that stuff. I don't know.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Along with the possibility of Fort Wayne leaving, you also have to consider the fact that about once every two months another news article comes out about how horribly the Illinois schools are hemorrhaging money and the dire straits Western Illinois is in when it comes to their budget, both athletically and institutionally as a whole. So if you lose both Fort Wayne and WIU in the next five years, I would imagine the Summit would welcome Augie with open arms. Or maybe the pride that comes with not wanting to add another D2 school means Summit fans/admins would rather lose auto-bids and all that stuff. I don't know.
    I would Bet money USD and SDSU are and will Block Augie...

Augie is of zero interest private school that interests me is st Thomas we have a big enough South Dakota presence

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We just added back one of the worst athletic programs in all of Division I and the rubes here cheer. Honestly, we may as well add Augy now along with anyone else from the NCC who wants to join. This move signals that the Summit is a low major conference with no aspirations to move out of the cellar. What a sad day for Bison Nation.