Page 70 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Conference games on random weeknights versus men's/women's doubleheaders on the weekend make a big difference. All these numbers tell me is the Summit needs to get their heads out of their butts when it comes to scheduling. They do stupid things like schedule USD vs SDSU on weeknights, or over Christmas break when the students are not on campus, or have the MBB game in one city and the WBB game in another played concurrently. The Summit needs to get the majority of their games scheduled as weekend series and have more Friday night/Saturday night/Sunday afternoon games with as many day/night WBB/MBB doubleheaders as possible. Bad scheduling has as much to do with attendance figures as anything.
    I won't pretend to understand all that goes into scheduling, but I agree. It was so much easier to attend games back in the NCC days and I loved the Men's / Women's doubleheaders. I'm sure there is a line of reasoning on why they can't do that now, but I'd love to hear what it is.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I won't pretend to understand all that goes into scheduling, but I agree. It was so much easier to attend games back in the NCC days and I loved the Men's / Women's doubleheaders. I'm sure there is a line of reasoning on why they can't do that now, but I'd love to hear what it is.
    I understand if they can't do back-to-back, two for the price of one doubleheaders. But there is nothing preventing them from doing split day/night doubleheaders on Saturdays as often as possible. Just getting the majority of conference games on Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be a good start.

I understand if they can't do back-to-back, two for the price of one doubleheaders. But there is nothing preventing them from doing split day/night doubleheaders on Saturdays as often as possible. Just getting the majority of conference games on Friday/Saturday/Sunday would be a good start.
    Yep, absolutely agree. I'm out of town (about to get much farther out of town) and it would be fun to come in for a weekend of bb. Random games on weekdays, not so much.

Attendance would boom with Fri/Sat even Sunday games. Trying to rush to a game mid week in sub zero weather kind of sucks and I miss more of those games than I make

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Maybe now that it's going to be essentially NCC 2.0 they can change back to doing this. All of the Dakota schools and Auggie would likely have pretty strong attendance (except for maybe the hockies) compared to many mid major schools.

The more I think about it: If we have to add a private school, try for St. Thomas.

St. Thomas has about 5x Augie's enrollment, 10x their endowment, and they'd strengthen a market The Summit has a toehold in via the Dakota schools. If we eventually move the Summit BB tourney there, so much the better.

Bonus: St. Thomas was a charter member of the old NCC.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The more I think about it: If we have to add a private school, try for St. Thomas.

St. Thomas has about 5x Augie's enrollment, 10x their endowment, and they'd strengthen a market The Summit has a toehold in via the Dakota schools. If we eventually move the Summit BB tourney there, so much the better.

Bonus: St. Thomas was a charter member of the old NCC.
    Any chance the Goofers allow another DI school within the state (not counting hockey)?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Any chance the Goofers allow another DI school within the state (not counting hockey)?
    Since ST is not within MNSCU or UM systems, one would think that the amount of control they had would be minimal. Different fund sources and different board members.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I would love St Thomas but unless things have changed they would need to transition through DII to get to DI.

The MVC would also be all over them the second they became good.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

IIRC the Summit had men's women's double headers a while back but had to go away from them as people associated with women's basketball didn't like to be portrayed as the opening act or the undercard. Also with both games being televised it makes double headers nearly impossible because if the first game goes long it really messes with the start time of the second game, with tv you need a firm start time. Coaches don't want back to back fri-sat games need a day of rest in between. Is it really that hard to make a week night game, I don't have a difficult time with it, than again it has been nearly 25 years since I've last had a regular job.