Page 72 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's kind of funny to see the SD schools complaining about coverage in Sioux Falls when the home station of UND isn't even in Grand Forks. Hopped in the car today over the lunch hour and Bill Chaves was on Jack Michaels show. Why can't their home station be in their shit hole city? I bet that doesn't happen anywhere else in the country with rivals in their rivals city.
    96.1 in Grand Forks is the home station. Play by play guy just happens to work at WDAY in Fargo.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    So you don't think Minnesota can afford another DI school within its system despite having much higher revenue sources than SD and ND combined?
    What does having another DI university in MN accomplish? Any of the DIIs would need to eliminate hockey or FB and cut athletics to the bone. Again, MN is better off as is. U of MN has 55k students and near $100M athletic budget. Another also ran DI with 15k and $15M budget isn’t going to matter to MN folks. DI hockey matters more in MN.

St Thomas is probably the best candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What does having another DI university in MN accomplish? Any of the DIIs would need to eliminate hockey or FB and cut athletics to the bone. Again, MN is better off as is. U of MN has 55k students and near $100M athletic budget. Another also ran DI with 15k and $15M budget isn’t going to matter to MN folks. DI hockey matters more in MN.

St Thomas is probably the best candidate.
    As someone who grew up in Minnesota and outside the Twin Cities, it would be nice to have an option that reminds people that there is much more to the State than the metropolitan area outside of the hunting and fishing seasons.

Your statement, "isn’t going to matter to MN folks" is a classic example the attitude of us Greater Minnesotans having to deal with those from Cities. UMD, with better funding from the State, could compete at the DI level.
    Hail the BISON!!!

MN could be just like WI and support multiple non-football playing DI schools.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    MN could be just like WI and support multiple non-football playing DI schools.
    The thing that separates Wisconsin from Minnesota is that Wisconsin is known much more than it capital city, Madison, where it only DI school is located. Thanks to professional teams being in Green Bay and Milwaukee, Madison is sometimes and after thought.

The benefit to NDSU for having states like MN and WI (NE too) having just one DI school is the ability to get great quality recruits who are overlooked by their respective state school.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The more I think about it: If we have to add a private school, try for St. Thomas.

St. Thomas has about 5x Augie's enrollment, 10x their endowment, and they'd strengthen a market The Summit has a toehold in via the Dakota schools. If we eventually move the Summit BB tourney there, so much the better.

Bonus: St. Thomas was a charter member of the old NCC.
    St. Thomas or bust! Lets gooooooo! Are ya sayin' that because you have a nice direct flight to MSP though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I think it would be cool if NDSU got a women's basketball program. It was sort of cool 20 years ago when we did. Not sure what it would take to get it started again. Maybe have to hire a coach, get some D1 athletes, buy some women's balls, we already have a sweet new facility. Unless we cannot compete with SDSU and/or USD, then maybe it makes sense to not have it still.
    Yeah, I loved going to watch lady's ball in high school. Fun to support friends/classmates. NDSU won like <10 games a year when I was in school. Was a big bummer.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    96.1 in Grand Forks is the home station. Play by play guy just happens to work at WDAY in Fargo.
    Do you mean KFGO/The Fan?
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    St. Thomas or bust! Lets gooooooo! Are ya sayin' that because you have a nice direct flight to MSP though?

Yeah, I loved going to watch lady's ball in high school. Fun to support friends/classmates. NDSU won like <10 games a year when I was in school. Was a big bummer.
    You should have been there during the 90s. The Women’s team was awesome.

On the other hand, our Men’s program was kind of nonexistent. I remember they lost to Concordia early one season.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You should have been there during the 90s. The Women’s team was awesome.

On the other hand, our Men’s program was kind of nonexistent. I remember they lost to Concordia early one season.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    The 1990's North Dakota owned women's basketball. Between NDSU and UND, the title lived in North Dakota 8 out of the 10 seasons. Plus NDSU lost in the championship game in 1992. NDSU and UND were also runners up in 2000 and 2001 respectively as well.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    The 1990's North Dakota owned women's basketball. Between NDSU and UND, the title lived in North Dakota 8 out of the 10 seasons. Plus NDSU lost in the championship game in 1992. NDSU and UND were also runners up in 2000 and 2001 respectively as well.
    Sad. They are forever gotten because that's what happens when you suck for a few decades. The only people who remember that are 45 and older. There are literally generations who dont care

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com