Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Summit League BB Scores

Default 2023-2024 Summit League BB Scores

ST Thomas tied at 64 with CAL 1 min left (cal was bad, but brought in ton of portal guys)
    SDSU up 2 vs Akron 9 min left (Akron picked to win MAC)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: 2023-2024 Summit League BB Scores

both lost.....

Summit teams went 1-4 against D1 competition last night.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

This is exactly the reason we need to strive to be in better conference. It would help out basketball level the most!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    This is exactly the reason we need to strive to be in better conference. It would help out basketball level the most!
    BINGO and we'd have bigger crowds and much more enthusiasm which in turn adds to the budget for them.
    summit might be #24 or #25 league this year.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Or … we need to invest in basketball to get us into a better conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Or … we need to invest in basketball to get us into a better conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree. What would be the downside to dominating the Summit in basketball like Gonzaga does the WCC. Not that money guarantees on court success but money can improve coaching, recruiting and scheduling which all over time will likely improve the product on the court. I just don't understand what the plan has been for the athletic department. We keep throwing money at the football program that couldn't go anywhere but down in the FCS and refuse to invest in basketball which has a much higher upside than football for an athletic department the size of NDSU. It just baffles me what the strategy is.

Clarification: I'm not advocating that we gut the football program in favor of the basketball programs. Just that we hold spending steady in football and our focus with future funding drives is to specifically improve the basketball programs.

Fighting Hawks go toe to toe, but edged by
    Iowa Hawkeyes 110-68 Tuesday night.

SDSU defeats Dakota Wesleyan 83-55 last night.

Jackrabbits add 4 on early Signing Day:

https://gojacks.com/news/2023/11/8/m...d-of-2024.aspx

South Dakota adds 3 on Early Signing Day:

https://goyotes.com/sports/mens-basketball

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Fighting Hawks go toe to toe, but edged by
    Iowa Hawkeyes 110-68 Tuesday night.

SDSU defeats Dakota Wesleyan 83-55 last night.

Jackrabbits add 4 on early Signing Day:

https://gojacks.com/news/2023/11/8/m...d-of-2024.aspx

South Dakota adds 3 on Early Signing Day:

https://goyotes.com/sports/mens-basketball
    toe to toe. LOL that was the easiest bet in history und +19

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Agree. What would be the downside to dominating the Summit in basketball like Gonzaga does the WCC. Not that money guarantees on court success but money can improve coaching, recruiting and scheduling which all over time will likely improve the product on the court. I just don't understand what the plan has been for the athletic department. We keep throwing money at the football program that couldn't go anywhere but down in the FCS and refuse to invest in basketball which has a much higher upside than football for an athletic department the size of NDSU. It just baffles me what the strategy is.

Clarification: I'm not advocating that we gut the football program in favor of the basketball programs. Just that we hold spending steady in football and our focus with future funding drives is to specifically improve the basketball programs.

This is an interesting take. A couple of case studies to consider: Oakland and Oral Roberts. Oakland left for presumably greener pastures (and probably a footprint that made more sense). They haven't found nearly as much success and I don't think their on court product has improved. I wonder if their attendance and financial performance has. Oral Roberts left for similar reasons and returned when they couldn't compete and stroll into post season tournaments. I agree with the post...we probably need to demonstrate that we can win consistently in the SLC before MBB becomes anything other than an afterthought in realignment discussions. At the end of the day, moving to the MAC (please no) or MWC or AAC, we are still a Mid-Major program. Develop a winner and resources/fan support/national attention will follow. Problem is, we're already well behind SDSU in this regard.