Page 54 of 169 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Matt had had nothing to do with any of the past or present success. All sports doing great were doing great 5 years ago. Wrestling, basketball and volleyball are going down or continue to be there. You got your nose so far up those in powers ass you can't see straight.
    With the exception of Volleyball, remind us who hired the coaches of those programs. If he has “nothing” to do with the success of the present programs, why do you blame him for everything and anything else that currently involves NDSU Athletics?

Maybe you should just state your reason(s) for hating Matt instead.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Last edited by Christopher Moen; 04-07-2018 at 02:06 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Friday night spring game is sd’s reason

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Football realistically breaks even at best
    Care to explain?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Care to explain?
    Kolpack had a story last year about the finances of NDSU and UND’s Athletic budgets. In the story, I believe he explained that neither the Bison Football or F’Hawking Hockey teams were making more than they cost. The caveat to the story is that things like merchandise weren’t counted towards the revenue of individual sports.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Kolpack had a story last year about the finances of NDSU and UND’s Athletic budgets. In the story, I believe he explained that neither the Bison Football or F’Hawking Hockey teams were making more than they cost. The caveat to the story is that things like merchandise weren’t counted towards the revenue of individual sports.

Only because of the way they break down the numbers. If NDSU only had FB - the athletic dept would be rolling in dough.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Only because of the way they break down the numbers. If NDSU only had FB - the athletic dept would be rolling in dough.
    This. Football is clearly making money if you accounted for everything properly. "it's the horse that pulls the wagon"
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This. Football is clearly making money if you accounted for everything properly. "it's the horse that pulls the wagon"
    and its not a single horse wagon, if Football were to lose support as it sits currently everything would suffer. That's why its so important for them to maintain a high level

Football will always spend every penny they make, so it's never going to show a profit. The good news is since we generate a ton of revenue, we get to spend a ton of revenue on putting together a great product

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Football will always spend every penny they make, so it's never going to show a profit. The good news is since we generate a ton of revenue, we get to spend a ton of revenue on putting together a great product
    This is true much like our non-for-profit company. If both Football and Men’s Basketball are not syphoning much more than what they bring in, the better chance the other programs have to survive.

In NDSU’s case, due to the school size and “State support,” it doesn’t bring in enough to subsidize all the other programs, even if items like merchandise get credited were them.

I believe the other programs are subsidized through other means. I’m guessing wrestling is cover with items like Bucky’s Endowment Program and camps.

Hail the BISON!!!

With the exception of Volleyball, remind us who hired the coaches of those programs. If he has “nothing” to do with the success of the present programs, why do you blame him for everything and anything else that currently involves NDSU Athletics?

Maybe you should just state your reason(s) for hating Matt instead.

Stony Brook.
    Hes had a hard for the school and him ever since he was hired.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."