Page 155 of 169 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I've said it on here before an will say it again. If the expectation and ceiling for NDSU m basketball is to win 2-3 games at the conference tourney every March, I'm all for adding Hockey. It would be fun to have another sport on campus that is capable of making a realistic run in an NCAA tournament. We have football, wrestling, and maybe women's basketball (as proved by the jacks). The softball super regional has proven to be a fluke and competing on a national level is something NDSU should strive at.
    Mountain West and AAC Basketball teams got to the Final 4.... and Loyola a few year back FFS. Its achievable.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I've said it on here before an will say it again. If the expectation and ceiling for NDSU m basketball is to win 2-3 games at the conference tourney every March, I'm all for adding Hockey. It would be fun to have another sport on campus that is capable of making a realistic run in an NCAA tournament. We have football, and individually wrestling and track, that's it. The softball super regional has proven to be a fluke. Having sports that can compete on a national level is something NDSU should strive for.
    Well said. I mean if Winnipiniac (sp) can win a Natty, why couldnt we? Were in a hockey part of the nation

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well said. I mean if Winnipiniac (sp) can win a Natty, why couldnt we? Were in a hockey part of the nation
    You would think the same for UND wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You would think the same for UND wouldn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean I dont like to compliment them but they have like 8

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I mean I dont like to compliment them but they have like 8
    When there’s only 60 or less teams, you’ll win a few by accident.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just think what will happen up at UND when NDSU wins its first ncaa hockey national title in 2033. That will be so sweet.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Just think what will happen up at UND when NDSU wins its first ncaa hockey national title in 2033. That will be so sweet.
    it's the nichiest of niche sports for f..cks sake.

stop it. don't listen to loud minority. hockey is smaller than small time. freakin Quinnipiac. this is hilarious
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Instead of trying to elevate a D2 model to D1, ...
    The "D2 model" used at Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Boston College, Army, Air Force, Arizona State, Miami, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Holy Cross, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Maine, St Thomas, Harvard, Princeton, Cornell, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, UMass, Connecticut ... you know ... schools that play at least FCS football and DI hockey.

(I left out the DIs that don't play FCS+, like Denver, Providence, BU, Quinnipiac, Omaha, et al.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The "D2 model" used at Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Boston College, Army, Air Force, Arizona State, Miami, Western Michigan, Bowling Green, Holy Cross, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Maine, St Thomas, Harvard, Princeton, Cornell, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, UMass, Connecticut ... you know ... schools that play at least FCS football and DI hockey.

(I left out the DIs that don't play FCS+, like Denver, Providence, BU, Quinnipiac, Omaha, et al.)
    You know what I meant

Look at the new landscape of the portal and NIL in D1 athletics

Look at the demographic trends for higher ed in the upper Midwest, and juxtapose that against the Dakota higher ed models, the MN system, and the collective population of the states

What you guys are throwing around is basically the old D2 gang, at the D1 level, in a time of rapid change that is not in our favor on many fronts

I don’t believe in Bison fatigue, but there is a palpable perception of moving backwards in all this talk

Whether or not that’s something people want appears to be the question

Hockey is a flippin expensive sport and it doesn't do much to elevate the athletic program being a niche sport with similar national appeal to FCS football. Men's basketball is where there's opportunity to elevate the athletic department and money spent starting a hockey program would be much better spent investing in the men's basketball program.