Page 150 of 169 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The BE is mainly private Catholic schools.
    They're already in Chicago, Milwaukee, and Omaha.

St. Thomas is a private Catholic (with lots of donors and influence) in MSP.

bisonaudit sees it, I do also.
    I too think they'd be an attractive candidate--especially as they build their resume. I'm guessing within the next three years, they'll win the Summit MBB tourney, and that will build even more momentum.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

I think MVC or A10 is most likely the next stop for St Thomas. If the Big East wants to expand, they will likely pick from SLU; Dayton; VCU or other private schools. St Thomas may end up there but I don’t think it’s directly from the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsoccerfan View Post
    I think MVC or A10 is most likely the next stop for St Thomas. If the Big East wants to expand, they will likely pick from SLU; Dayton; VCU or other private schools. St Thomas may end up there but I don’t think it’s directly from the Summit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They would need to do something huge to get in from the Summit, like an elite 8 run.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    They would need to do something huge to get in from the Summit, like an elite 8 run.
    Idk...Creighton got in. I think there are multiple ways to get in. Curious on what all would go into that consideration.
    College of Business Alumnus

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Idk...Creighton got in. I think there are multiple ways to get in. Curious on what all would go into that consideration.
    Creighton got in at the very beginning as the conference was forming. The only add in the decade since is UConn, a perennial BB powerhouse. STM might leave the Summit but I don't see them in the BE.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Creighton got in at the very beginning as the conference was forming. The only add in the decade since is UConn, a perennial BB powerhouse. STM might leave the Summit but I don't see them in the BE.
    Sorta. The group of Catholic schools were always going to stick together though I think? Very kind of them to let UCONN back in the party. Surprised they didn't let them rot on the vine.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorta. The group of Catholic schools were always going to stick together though I think? Very kind of them to let UCONN back in the party. Surprised they didn't let them rot on the vine.
    Butler is not a Catholic school, so not all Big East members are Catholic, but they are definitely the core. I think St. Thomas has shown enough early and they have money so I could see them being in the Big East. This is where those relationships we don't see become a factor. Being similar schools they may be in several academic consortiums already outside of athletics.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Butler is not a Catholic school, so not all Big East members are Catholic, but they are definitely the core. I think St. Thomas has shown enough early and they have money so I could see them being in the Big East. This is where those relationships we don't see become a factor. Being similar schools they may be in several academic consortiums already outside of athletics.

Oh wow, I had assumed Butler was. The more ya know!

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

BB wants a double round robin schedule, and as a non-football conference separate divisions aren't important. BE is at 11, which is 10/10 home/away. Don't see anyone leaving nor need to expand, but if they do there's a bunch of A10 schools they'd look at first unless STM goes nuts. If the MVC keeps getting gutted they'll pull from Summit and OVC, but I still don't see STM in the BE.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Oh wow, I had assumed Butler was. The more ya know!
    Butler was always considered a good school but was mostly known locally. They made a couple Sweet 16 runs in the 2000s so they became known like a Belmont or Davidson. And they played in a cool, old fieldhouse (featured in Hoosiers). Then 2010 happened. The school has grown immensely thanks in part to the national awareness from the basketball tournament. A friend of mine was responsible for corporate sponsorships at the time, and his job got immensely easier. They have good pharmacy, business, and performing arts programs. They are in a nice, older part of the city but are land locked. They don't have much more room to build.