Page 69 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    The only thing adding Augie does from a SD school perspective is provide a warm body to the league and a leech on the corporate sponsorship dollars available. The enrollment is hilariously too low to be a DI institution and the room to expand enrollment to become a proper one without becoming an online diploma mill is non existent. Augie will become even more irrelevant when they start getting Molly whopped and struggle to financially keep their heads above water.

As to the news coverage, there’s no reason to pimp out a DII school at the level of a DI school with the success that SDSU or even USeD has had, especially when the bulk of your readers follow those schools. Sioux Falls media is a joke, they pay more attention to hs teams and as much attention to DII schools in general. It’s absolutely mind boggling to me. I once asked the local ESPN dude about more SDSU coverage and his response was “we just had Stig on”. It was a 5 minute interview and they were back to everything else. Sioux Falls media and a lot of Sioux Falls people in general act like SDSU and USD should be grateful to them for even bothering to cover them. Absolutely bonkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just going to put this right here....

2018 NCAA Basketball average attendance

Northern St 3,732
    Augustana 2,421
    SDSU 2,292
    USD 2,269

One has to view this from Douple’s perspective as well. Who says the XDSUs wouldn’t bolt immediately for the MVC or MWC, given the chance? Not saying they will get that chance, but who knows? He sure as heck doesn’t know, and he has to have a plan to cover his ass in the event that someone decides to move up.

Yes, if I were one of the two SD schools this would annoy the crap out of me for all the reasons cited above. It bugs me as an NDSU fan because it’s already too D1 crowded in the Dakotas for my tastes. But on some level, the league (now headquartered in SF) has to watch out for its own interests.

And then there’s baseball. Word is Augie has a pretty decent team …

God lord, are we going to add Black Hills State and Jamestown next? No more Centenary type bs.

New SL rule, gotta have more enrollment than at least half my high school........ SMH. NDSU you guys drive the bus, please don't turn it into the ditch just as the league has improved finally.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    God lord, are we going to add Black Hills State and Jamestown next? No more Centenary type bs.

New SL rule, gotta have more enrollment than at least half my high school........ SMH. NDSU you guys drive the bus, please don't turn it into the ditch just as the league has improved finally.
    It appears the Sumiit will take anyone wanting to move up....sad

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For you number crunchers, howbdoes Augies budget comparebto all summit/mvfc schools?

I have read and listened to some of the comments about Auggie, especially the Sanford CEO.... Am I the only one who is getting the Englestad pt. 2 vibe??
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    So you are saying size does not matter?
    Girth is more important than length, but Augie has neither. Even the name Augie sounds like a little guy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post

Northern St 3,732
    Augustana 2,421
    SDSU 2,292
    USD 2,269
    Cute. One team announces butts in seats and the rest announce tickets sold. We have 1700 reserved season tickets sold, not including GA season tickets as of now. But sure, those numbers are legit. Oh, and somehow with damn near the same attendance USeD brought in less than 1/4 the money SDSU did in gate receipts as an athletic department. Actually all the schools in as combined brought in less than SDSU did in gate receipts, so maybe some places fudge numbers pretty hard to make attendance look good? Just throwing it out there as a thought.

Remember Hunters Safety-Treat Every Hunter as if He Were Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 76 View Post
    Cute. One team announces butts in seats and the rest announce tickets sold. We have 1700 reserved season tickets sold, not including GA season tickets as of now. But sure, those numbers are legit. Oh, and somehow with damn near the same attendance USeD brought in less than 1/4 the money SDSU did in gate receipts as an athletic department. Actually all the schools in as combined brought in less than SDSU did in gate receipts, so maybe some places fudge numbers pretty hard to make attendance look good? Just throwing it out there as a thought.

Its just soooooo easy.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post

Northern St 3,732
    Augustana 2,421
    SDSU 2,292
    USD 2,269
    Conference games on random weeknights versus men's/women's doubleheaders on the weekend make a big difference. All these numbers tell me is the Summit needs to get their heads out of their butts when it comes to scheduling. They do stupid things like schedule USD vs SDSU on weeknights, or over Christmas break when the students are not on campus, or have the MBB game in one city and the WBB game in another played concurrently. The Summit needs to get the majority of their games scheduled as weekend series and have more Friday night/Saturday night/Sunday afternoon games with as many day/night WBB/MBB doubleheaders as possible. Bad scheduling has as much to do with attendance figures as anything.