Page 114 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Not to nit pick, but Augustana would bring a very solid baseball program, also. Perhaps you didn't know this, two years ago they won the DII natty in baseball. Big deal you say. Well, 3 years ago Augie won the DII natty in basketball in some town in Texas called Frisco.
    It's not that we need good baseball programs, we simply need numbers. The Summit is in very real danger of dissolving due to lack of teams. Adding one more that isn't likely to leave is a huge stabilizing force. The Summit may have had to choose between adding Augie or closing the doors. That's a lot less likely if StT joins.

Aside from Sanford does anyone really want Auggie? Not trying to be argumentative but outside the Dakota bubble they bring zip. Plus I HATE the idea of anyone having home court for an NCAA bid. They aren't getting Western's vote without a 7 figure donation from Sanford (only way I see it). Does anyone know if it needs to be unanimous? Or?

Lindenwood! Lindenwood! Lindenwood! They'd follow the same route as UST. Play hockey, non scholi football, very strong Olympic sports and a great market.

Finally, I'll jump in with the other rediculous ideas. If ya wanna start Summit football how about non schoolarship to compete with the Pioneer. Valpo, Dayton, San Diego, Drake, UST, Lindenwood, Butler, and maybe if ya can't say no to Sanford then Auggie.

Seriously, need to go all in on the STL market. Pairs great with WIU as a travel partner. Improves footprint, helps ORU especially.

I am in support of pretty much any school but Augie. They bring absolutely nothing to the table and are in an area that can't suppport that many DI schools.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Western4Life View Post
    Aside from Sanford does anyone really want Auggie? Not trying to be argumentative but outside the Dakota bubble they bring zip. Plus I HATE the idea of anyone having home court for an NCAA bid. They aren't getting Western's vote without a 7 figure donation from Sanford (only way I see it). Does anyone know if it needs to be unanimous? Or?

Lindenwood! Lindenwood! Lindenwood! They'd follow the same route as UST. Play hockey, non scholi football, very strong Olympic sports and a great market.

Finally, I'll jump in with the other rediculous ideas. If ya wanna start Summit football how about non schoolarship to compete with the Pioneer. Valpo, Dayton, San Diego, Drake, UST, Lindenwood, Butler, and maybe if ya can't say no to Sanford then Auggie.

Seriously, need to go all in on the STL market. Pairs great with WIU as a travel partner. Improves footprint, helps ORU especially.
    I've said before Sioux Falls desperately wants a legitimate sports franchise, Augie to DI is all about the SF power brokers trying to make it happen, and a DI Augie is all about one weekend in March. Sioux falls is outside the geographic footprint for a A or AA minor league baseball franchise, the Skyforce, the NBA G League franchise, could fold and nobody would notice, their indoor football team is basically beer league football with a $200 a week paycheck, and their independent minor league baseball team is really struggling. Their minor league hockey franchise is legit, sent players to the NHL, I'll give them that. This is a top down movement, I hear little groundswell support for a DI Augie. IMHO that is why you see so much lobbying through the media, they are trying to build support that isn't there. If Augie doesn't get a vote or is voted down expect to see a media campaign that the big bad state supported schools (mostly SDSU, the media loves picking on us) won't let poor little Augie in. Douple has said before the Summit League doesn't negotiate with future members through the media. Now compare UST Membership with Augie, there were few UST rumors but zero news stories, the negotiating, campus visits and votes all took place behind closed doors. With Augie everything is done through the media, IMHO either they are trying to build a groundswell of public support or are eventually going to pressure the Dakota schools (the ones with Sanford ties) to get Augie in the Summit. And FWIW inside the Dakota bubble very few want Augie. We are very sparsely populated and it's bad enough splitting money, recruits and fan support four ways much less five.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I actually like this addition. I hope this buries Auggie. I would rather have a hole in the head than have Auggie in the Summit.

If Auggie does get invited, I promise to never buy a ticket to any Summit league event again.
    The Summit added UMKC back, one of the worst athletic programs in all of D1. Do you really think we are going to pass on Augustana who is located in the same town as the Summit offices and basketball conference tourney? LMAO, if Augie can raise the cash they are in.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The Summit added UMKC back, one of the worst athletic programs in all of D1. Do you really think we are going to pass on Augustana who is located in the same town as the Summit offices and basketball conference tourney? LMAO, if Augie can raise the cash they are in.
    The Summit can't afford to turn down anybody wanting to get in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Well then, NDSU and the summit league can find someone else to sell tickets to. I vow to not go to another single Summit league event if Augie is in.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

If the SD schools don't want Augie in the league then they won't be in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the SD schools don't want Augie in the league then they won't be in the league.
    Sanford wants Augie in the keague... I suspect the Dakota Schools will fall in line.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Sanford wants Augie in the keague... I suspect the Dakota Schools will fall in line.
    The SD schools need to weigh the value of Sanford vs how big of a leech that Augie will be.