Page 113 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

This is good for the summit as will Augie's addition.

For anyone not making tv money geographic coherence is primary.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It is a great day for the Summit but another ball buster for NDSU. It is a virtual guarantee now that Augie gets added. That is three tough pills to swallow in a row. UMKC-UST-Augie.
    We have got to be looking to make a move out of this low major conference ASAP.

Best option: All sports MVC -Never gonna happen with the current SHAC and without SDSU who will never abandon their "prescious". (SF tourny)

2nd best option: All sports to the MWC- doesn't make sense for us without Montana and SDSU. Plus, Never gonna happen unless they lose Boise + a couple more to the AAC as has been speculated

Option 3: MAC- Doesnt make sense without UNI, SDSU and ISUr. Never gonna happen though as UNI is broke and SDSU loves SF. ISUr could pull it off as they have long term FBS aspirations.

Option 4: We are totally boned, somebody call Mankato and let's get the band back together....
    I got St. Cloud's AD on the other line, want me to invite them too?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It is a great day for the Summit but another ball buster for NDSU. It is a virtual guarantee now that Augie gets added. That is three tough pills to swallow in a row. UMKC-UST-Augie.
    We have got to be looking to make a move out of this low major conference ASAP.
    I disagree completely. St. Thomas is a really solid add and makes Augustana irrevelvant. We desperately needed a baseball program, StT brings that. The Summit is in really good shape assuming the NCAA allows the jump.

I actually like this addition. I hope this buries Auggie. I would rather have a hole in the head than have Auggie in the Summit.

If Auggie does get invited, I promise to never buy a ticket to any Summit league event again.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Except you are the only person bitching about UST. All I have read is universal praise and excitement. The Tommies are a great addition. Way, way better than Augustana.
    I bitched about adding south dakota too .

its embarassing to have D3 punks talking and acting like thier are equals to NDSU as I've been doing all night here in the twi. cities. pathetic
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I disagree completely. St. Thomas is a really solid add and makes Augustana irrevelvant. We desperately needed a baseball program, StT brings that. The Summit is in really good shape assuming the NCAA allows the jump.
    Not to nit pick, but Augustana would bring a very solid baseball program, also. Perhaps you didn't know this, two years ago they won the DII natty in baseball. Big deal you say. Well, 3 years ago Augie won the DII natty in basketball in some town in Texas called Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

its embarassing to have D3 punks talking and acting like thier are equals to NDSU as I've been doing all night here in the twi. cities. pathetic
    You may be the biggest bitch I know...

Does anyone here think that UST moving to D1 will cause Duluth, Mankato or St Cloud to rethink staying in D2?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Does anyone here think that UST moving to D1 will cause Duluth, Mankato or St Cloud to rethink staying in D2?
    UST is Private

UM wont allow any other Stste U to be DI in MN, they are bitches

Like UN in Lincoln
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

Why do you care so much, UST is far from equal to NDSU, they have not been cleared to DI and they will not compete instantly, you can come off the ledge it will be ok
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant