Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by jrd View Post
    Scarlett's, enough said.
    B Squad on Monday/Tuesday night every year unfortunately, that owner doesn't have a clue.

C Section's have made an appearance, just ask slick/sd.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Woahhh!! Hold on here. SF has a ton to do. The Tourney is usually the first week of March. According to Tripadvisor.com the top 6 attractions are:

1) Fall Park... probably froze over in March
    2) SculptureWalk & Arc of the Dreams - Too cold in March to go to (outside)
    3) Butterfly House & Aquirium
    4) St. Joseph Catherdal - a trendy 10 min look
    5) Sioux Falls Bike Trails - Its March N/A
    6) Washington Pavillion - preforming arts.. kids love dance shows!

Just because I love SF so much I am going to add another.. Check out the Smithfield (former John Morrell hot dog plant).

Here is to having a good time
    Butterfly aquarium? I'm all over it.

Douple talks about five teams have expressed interest in the Summit. UST and Augie a given. Who are the other three? My wild guess is Duluth, Mankato and St Cloud.

https://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/...85d827037.html

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    Douple talks about five teams have expressed interest in the Summit. UST and Augie a given. Who are the other three? My wild guess is Duluth, Mankato and St Cloud.

I'd add Lindewood as a possibility. Maybe even another MIAA school.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post

At this point it doesn't matter anymore. Since the Summit is going to invite Augustana as well, I hope that Minnesota State and UMD get an invite soon. I don't think SCSU has the gumption to do it but those two might. With the addition of those schools it will hopefully propel SDSU backers to rethink their prescious SF tournament and long term commitment to the league. We will need them as a bridge for any future conference move ups. With the Dakota flagships as their anchor along with all the new regional additions, the Summit will survive and we can walk away with our heads held high.

App State is in the top 20 and is one SMU loss away from controlling it's own destiny as the G5 rep for the NY6 games. At that point, you are basically the G5 national champ anyways and I would bet that more of these G5 schools will start claiming them like UCF did in 2017. I'm ready for a change...

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think any of the Minnesota schools have the funds or political backing at the state level to move up.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I don't think any of the Minnesota schools have the funds or political backing at the state level to move up.
    This is correct. Specifically the first part.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    This is correct. Specifically the first part.
    disagree. these colleges are having financial troubles. therefore they something to excite the fanbase and donations. Going D1 accomplishes this and i bet it happens. that's why NDSU needs to GTFO like now!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Was talking to a guy who usually has some good info, doesnt sound like Augy is the highest target

St. Thomas is a different deal, new market in a major Metro, financials to handle it as they are not dependent on 1 corporate sponsor, sounds like augy has a hill to climb to convince the conference exactly why they are so attractive

Summit already has SD/SF covered with USD and SDSU

Some of the other schools are more in consideration due to their structure

Just hearsay but guys has been pretty close on everything he has ever told me
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    disagree. these colleges are having financial troubles. therefore they something to excite the fanbase and donations. Going D1 accomplishes this and i bet it happens. that's why NDSU needs to GTFO like now!
    Yeah, what could go wrong with this plan?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013