Page 121 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

NCC 2.0. 1st und. now augie and maybe st thomas

wake up BISON FANS!!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

am i smelling a potential 20 game conference schedule????

couldn’t type that out without laughing

KWSN interview with Douple on St Thomas and Augie, love the part around the 14:25 mark where he talks about talks with other schools being confidential and Augie making their desires for the Summit very public. I've said all along there is very little grassroots support for a DI Augie, this is a top down effort and Augie is negotiating with the Summit through the media, makes me sick. If Augie wants to be DI join the WAC they will be looking for members, the other Dakota schools toiled away in the Great West or as an independent during their transition, Augie needs to pay its dues.

https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...sibly-joining/

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NCC 2.0. 1st und. now augie and maybe st thomas

wake up BISON FANS!!!!
    I wouldn’t lump UST or even UND into the ‘bad’ category

By endowment:

Denver $762M
    UST $520M
    UND $280M
    USD $260M
    NDSU $250M (per Kolpack)

Being in the metro I would say UST would bring quite a bit to the Summit. Endowment is NDSU + UND. In fact, it might not be a stretch to thank UST for raising the bar

https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/...eptance-issues

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I wouldn’t lump UST or even UND into the ‘bad’ category

By endowment:

Denver $762M
    UST $520M
    UND $280M
    USD $260M
    NDSU $250M (per Kolpack)

Being in the metro I would say UST would bring quite a bit to the Summit. Endowment is NDSU + UND. In fact, it might not be a stretch to thank UST for raising the bar

https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/...eptance-issues
    Basketball is different from football because we are mid-major regardless. A 10 team Summit could have some benefits, and both of these schools are better than Centenary College which was a part of our conference not too long ago. That said, having 3 South Dakota DI schools is a big stretch.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

The St. Thomas situation has been delayed a bit due to COVID-19. The NCAA DI Council was supposed to discuss and vote on it during their April 23-24 meeting, but they have decided to push most non-COVID business off to later meetings in order to focus the April meeting on the pandemic and its effects. Now the earliest they will talk about St. Thomas will be the June meeting, and even that might not happen depending on whether that meeting will also be pandemic-dominated.

https://www.startribune.com/st-thoma...est/569547302/

Is this discussion dead for awhile? I understand St. Thomas put a pause on their move, but could this situation impact others as well (Augustana)?

A letter from the commissioners of the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West, Mid-American Conference, Sun Belt and Conference USA to NCAA President Mark Emmert asked for temporary relief from financial aid requirements, along with average football attendance. The request was made on behalf of all 350 Division I schools. The commissioners also asked that a moratorium be placed on schools moving into Division I for the length of the waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Is this discussion dead for awhile? I understand St. Thomas put a pause on their move, but could this situation impact others as well (Augustana)?

A letter from the commissioners of the American Athletic Conference, Mountain West, Mid-American Conference, Sun Belt and Conference USA to NCAA President Mark Emmert asked for temporary relief from financial aid requirements, along with average football attendance. The request was made on behalf of all 350 Division I schools. The commissioners also asked that a moratorium be placed on schools moving into Division I for the length of the waiver.
    St Thomas hasn't put a pause on their move. The NCAA has postponed their decision for two months because they wanted to free up their meeting agenda to deal with COVID issues, but that's not the same thing.

The moritorium asked for by the G5 could be a thing, but I'm not sure what kind of traction that's going to get. That feels like more of an FBS issue than a DI issue. We'll see what happens at this week's meetings.

yea I'm told STU is all in. nothings changed according to my text
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At this point I think it makes sense to add Augie, Mankato, along with UST and just be done with it. NDSU's long term future isn't the Summit anyways and it would give our Olympic sports more regional travel opportunities. Football is clearly maxed out potential wise. The only thing that can move us up and out of the Summit is men's and women's basketball.so keeping it simple only helps us long term.