Page 137 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1685

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...agues-umbrella

"During his introductory press conference Monday, Fenton did not shoot down the possibility of the Summit League sponsoring additional sports. He mentioned football specifically."

Quote Originally Posted by mvfcfan View Post
    Hopefully it means that he's going to try to get the public side of the MVC.
    That would make sense. Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Youngstown... West division and East division. Lots of existing rivalries.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That would make sense. Missouri State, Indiana State, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Youngstown... West division and East division. Lots of existing rivalries.
    I fear that the Summit could go to 14 with UNI, ILSU, MSU, and SIU; and leave INST behind. There's really nothing "almost FBS" about us unfortunately. The other 4 schools meet that definition.

Hearing the MVC might not invite UMKC now, but that Omaha could be a possibility.

I fear that the Summit could go to 14 with UNI, ILSU, MSU, and SIU; and leave INST behind. There's really nothing "almost FBS" about us unfortunately. The other 4 schools meet that definition.

Hearing the MVC might not invite UMKC now, but that Omaha could be a possibility.
    16... Indiana State and Youngstown

Or Western Illinois or UMKC leaves

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LOL...Why would the MVC add a hockey school that is awful at basketball? Omaha isn't even really an interesting market.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...agues-umbrella

"During his introductory press conference Monday, Fenton did not shoot down the possibility of the Summit League sponsoring additional sports. He mentioned football specifically."
    If that is his plan, sure I would love to bring the MVC public schools. But if his plan is to play football against just the current Summit football members plus some deadbeats like UNC or Aguie....Hell no.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    LOL...Why would the MVC add a hockey school that is awful at basketball? Omaha isn't even really an interesting market.
    I have no idea. Obviously Creighton was in the MVC, but UNO is definitely no Creighton. Hearing the MVC is visiting Omaha along with UIC, UTA, UMKC, and Murray State on Dec 19th. I also saw a Tweet where interest in UMKC is fading because of their facility issues.

I'm not sure who the MVC will add. If they only add two I am hoping for Murray and UIC, although my #1 preference would be Murray State ONLY. The only reason I'm okayish with UIC is because they are the closest crap school to ISU. I wouldn't be surprised if it was UTA and UIC though. Can't see the MVC doing 13 and I kind of doubt KC or Omaha make the final cut. Murray might get left out because of their location (lack of market).

I have no idea. Obviously Creighton was in the MVC, but UNO is definitely no Creighton. Hearing the MVC is visiting Omaha along with UIC, UTA, UMKC, and Murray State on Dec 19th. I also saw a Tweet where interest in UMKC is fading because of their facility issues.

I'm not sure who the MVC will add. If they only add two I am hoping for Murray and UIC, although my #1 preference would be Murray State ONLY. The only reason I'm okayish with UIC is because they are the closest crap school to ISU. I wouldn't be surprised if it was UTA and UIC though. Can't see the MVC doing 13 and I kind of doubt KC or Omaha make the final cut. Murray might get left out because of their location (lack of market).
    I'm glad it didn't happen now, but the MVC could really have stabilized itself by grabbing 2 or 4 of the Dakotas a couple years ago. The Dakotas would give you pretty solid basketball and solid fan numbers. But instead they placated the privates and now Loyola is leaving anyway. No offense intended, but the MVC just seems to be scratching the bottom now. Murray is probably the best public option, but they are only OK. They are generally a good team, but getting them isn't some coup that tips the basketball or revenue scales significantly. And if you guys add UIC and UTA, there will be nothing elite about the MVC other than its history.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 12-15-2021 at 05:16 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Summit should look at Northern Colorado if UMKC leaves the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by North Side View Post
    Summit should look at Northern Colorado if UMKC leaves the Summit.
    They have a small arena. And not sure what Denver would think. I could get behind it if Denver was cool with it and we were unsuccessful luring any publics from the MVC into a new Summit with football.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.