Page 101 of 169 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1683

Thread: Summit Expansion?

Default Re: Summit Expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Omaha had a lot more to lose by sacrificing football (big donors) and wrestling (school’s most successful program that actually brought in money) than Augustana would if they dropped football.

Is don’t know anything about Morton, but I don’t think he ever reaches the Richard-level that Trev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh Morton has been on the job for just over a year (hired April 2018). Having lived down here for 10 years, I know quite a few Augie alumni and some ex footballers. Morton would be putting his job on the line (and possibly his life) if he attempted to shutdown the fb program. I'm not saying it could never, never, never, ever happen. Josh Morton isn't the man to do it. The only man you have to please in SF is T. Denny. If Mr. T wants Augustana to keep their football program, it will be kept.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    This isn't what you were going for, but we could still form a Big North FBS/Mid-Major conference with the critical mass of 4 Dakota and 2 Montana schools. Is it difficult/impossible for an entire conference to form? How did the AAC do it? That would almost make the most sense rather than NDSU trying to go it alone and wait for an invite from the amazing MAC or MW.
    NDSU/MONTANA would be the only 2 to be able to do that with their fanbase financial support
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    With 10 schools we should be able to go back to Thursday and Saturday games. Augie would put is at 11.
    My guess is they'll join as IPFW is walking out the door. So it'll still be 10. And still 6 for baseball.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU/MONTANA would be the only 2 to be able to do that with their fanbase financial support
    You don’t just say, “hey let’s start a new conference and play at the FBS level for football”.

Doesn’t work that way. P5 schools would say no. Need to join an existing conference.

Charley Walters - Yesterday’s Pioneer Press:
    (Twincities.com)

A little birdie says St. Thomas, ousted by the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Association, could end up in the Division I Pioneer League for football and the Division I Summit League for its other sports. The university recently hired two assistant athletics directors.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    (Twincities.com)
    this was the calculated move all along. my bro is a UST grad. he heard once UST heard the rumors of other miac schools wanting them gone, they went to them behind closed doors and said. "force us out, so we can hardship the NCAA and go D1 " duh, makes sense
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

If they make the move they would be a welcomed addition from my perspective.

One of our largest alumni bases in the Twin Cities and the the first I94 school to join the I29 schools. They would definitely fit our leagues footprint and one more short travel location for us. UND, USD, SDSU, Saint Thomas, Omaha, UMKC, and possibly Augustana in future.

With budget issues happening at Western and IPFW always looking to change conferences we will need Augustana and Saint Thomas for future conference stability.

UND, USD, SDSU, Saint Thomas, Omaha, UMKC, Augustana, NDSU that is 8 conference members that pretty compact to help reduce travel costs in future and create regional rivalries with.

Schools such on the fringes would be Denver, Oral, Western, and IPFW.

Next closest schools to conference headquarters in Sioux Falls would Drake (about 3.5 hours away) and UNI (about 4.5 hours). I wonder if they would if they would have any interest in new compact Summit that would include student recruiting centers of Minneapolis, Omaha, Denver and Kansas City.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    (Twincities.com)
    MVC will be calling them in a few years anyway, Summit is a stepping stone
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    If they make the move they would be a welcomed addition from my perspective.

One of our largest alumni bases in the Twin Cities and the the first I94 school to join the I29 schools. They would definitely fit our leagues footprint and one more short travel location for us. UND, USD, SDSU, Saint Thomas, Omaha, UMKC, and possibly Augustana in future.

With budget issues happening at Western and IPFW always looking to change conferences we will need Augustana and Saint Thomas for future conference stability.

UND, USD, SDSU, Saint Thomas, Omaha, UMKC, Augustana, NDSU that is 8 conference members that pretty compact to help reduce travel costs in future and create regional rivalries with.

Schools such on the fringes would be Denver, Oral, Western, and IPFW.

Next closest schools to conference headquarters in Sioux Falls would Drake (about 3.5 hours away) and UNI (about 4.5 hours). I wonder if they would if they would have any interest in new compact Summit that would include student recruiting centers of Minneapolis, Omaha, Denver and Kansas City.
    I would love to see St Thomas in the Summit. Let them do the Pioneer in football and if they do well, they could ramp up to someday join the MVFC. Great footprint. Good potential rivalries.

I could see a time in 10 years if they move up where we play them at Target Field or even the Vikings stadium in football. The game would sell out big time.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Adios IPFW. Horizon League comes calling for the Mastodons. Announcement expected tomorrow.